SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beaglesdoitbetter1

A rant- why can't real estate pictures be true to life?

We're looking for a new FL vacation home and our last trip down was a disaster :( We looked at 14 houses and NOT ONE was anywhere even close to the real estate listing pictures.

In some cases, it looked like the pictures must have been taken 20 years ago when the house was new (the house did not look new any more!). In others, they showed the view to only one side, making it look lovely and hiding the abandoned warehouses in the background. Countless other examples of this type of thing.

I can understand wanting to put your best foot forward in the pictures. However, these houses looked like totally different houses in person vs. pictures.

Has anyone noticed this trend or is this just me? And how does this benefit anyone. As far as I can tell, they just result in the sellers getting showings from people who are probably not going to buy the house once they see what it is really like, wasting everyone's time.

Wouldn't it be better to show the house as it really is (maybe a cleaned up version, but a realistic one) so you can get people there who might actually be interested in it.

I'm frustrated b/c I hate pretty much every house on the market there right now, and this experience was just a disaster.

Anyone want to sell me a nice house in the greater Tampa/St. Pete area on an acre+ of land that isn't falling down or overlooking an abandoned warehouse, LOL?

Comments (11)