SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

THIS is the official sign-up Xmas Ornament Exchange post!

FlamingO in AR
22 years ago

This is the official sign up sheet and the rules for the Xmas Ornament Exchange. We are going to have an exchange of multiple ornaments. We will be working in groups of 12, so everyone will need to paint 12 ornaments. So far we have 14 people signed up, and one person will do 2 exchanges if we need her to, (that's kelli). So that makes 14 or 15. We need to work in 12's, so when we get to 24 or 36 signed up, we will cut off there, depending on the date. What will we do if we get a really odd number? I'll deal with that if it happens! Something else for me to worry about! I may have to go out and enlist painters to join up, so tell all your painting friends to sign up for this, will ya?!) Once we get to 24, I'll do a name drawing so I can tell you who's in your group of 12.

All ornaments will be mailed to me, along with a written paragraph about yourself, which I will duplicate and include one with each ornament, so we can all learn more about the person who took the trouble to paint an ornament for us. If you want to write your own up on the computer and print it out so there are 12 little sheets, that would save me doing it, but if you don't, I will, it's not a big deal. I will divvy the ornaments up, one each from your group of 12, so you will get back one of yours and 11 more from 11 different artists. (I know you're going to ask why am I mailing mine away and getting one of mine back? This is so I don't get too confused, I'm sure we could do it a different way, but we take the risk of damaging my little brain! So please just go along with me on this, OK?)

Also, you will need to put about $5 in the box, to cover the price of redistribution. Figure on what ever it will cost you to mail it to me in Arkansas, that's what it should cost to mail it back to you, assuming no one paints on lead!

Some of our artists are Canadian (5, so far), and have asked about a Canadian exchange. If you would like to do just a Canadian exchange, I would respectfully suggest that you guys get together and pick a host for that one, and do it independently of this one. I would like to urge you to stay in this exchange though, for I, like many others, would be thrilled to have ornaments from across the border. *please please please, begging like a puppy dog*

Dates- All ornaments must be mailed to me by Nov. 1st. Figure a week at the most to get to me, a few days for me to repackage them and print up the blurbs, and a week to get back to you, we should all have our new ornaments by Thanksgiving easily (late Nov., tree trimming time!)

I will post in the first reply the names of the people that I have already signed up. You guys are now officially committed to the exchange, unless I hear differently, OK??? There will be follow-ups posted I'm sure, reminders, etc, and if anyone wants to share with us little teasers or clues on what they are making, feel free! Later on I will email you my address, so you can mail your box to me.

This should be fun, let's get some more people signed up, and get to painting our ornaments, once we decide what to do!

Thanks for all the input, you guys.

Comments (31)