SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

Official 2013 Quilt Retreat SignUps

jennifer_in_va
10 years ago

Quilt Retreat at Camp Cheerio, NC is a GO!!

It will be the weekend of Sept. 5-8, 2013. We will gather Thursday afternoon, and have our first meal at dinnertime. We will have open sewing time all weekend until Sunday. (We may still have mini-workshops or tutorials periodically) Our last meal will be a bag lunch on Sunday, or you can take it with you if you need to hit the road early. That's 9 meals!

We will again sleep in the Millis Lodge with hotel style rooms, and private baths. Some rooms have twin beds, some have queen beds, some bunk beds, some have both and all have bathrooms. Bed linens and towels are provided.

We will have the 2nd floor of Sloan Center again for our sewing space. Last year's setup seemed to work very well, so I'll go for that same layout. There will be a maximum of 21 spaces for sewing. Husbands are also welcome, but we don't count them in our sewing space allowances.

Cost for 9 meals, sleeping accommodations in the lodge for 3 nights, and sewing space comes to $230 this year. A non-refundable deposit of $40 per person is due ASAP to hold your spot (and to allow me to pay the required group deposit to the camp). Balance is due at the conclusion of camp Sunday morning.

We are scheduled earlier in the Fall this year due to camp schedules, so there will be no Fall foliage to view, and I doubt we'll need sweaters/coats. But from what I've seen on their Facebook page, the weather should be beautiful!! I'm truly looking forward to getting away from my rat race and decompressing for a few days!

Spots are first open to any quilter who has already come to any retreats in the past. After August 6th, I will open remaining spots on a first-come-first-served basis.

Please sign up, and if you have any questions, past participants can help answer, you can search here for past Retreat threads that are likely to have more details, and I am happy to help in any way!!

1. Jennifer_in_VA/ Jennifer

Comments (56)