SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren870_gw

Spindles/Decorative Legs on Kitchen Island? Is this wrong? (PICS)

lauren870
14 years ago

I LOVE this forum and have come here searching for advice and ideas throughout our crazy reno. process and have always found what i needed! but i am STUCK on this one...

My contractor installed some spindles/decorative legs on my kitchen island today, which i was unbelievably excited about, but when i saw them installed, i was confused because the spindles were supposed to be cut (pizza cut) to wrap around the entire corner of the island...this is done on the "front" but on the oven side, they only did the sides and cut them in half...

i asked my contractor why this was and he said that there was a restriction on the front of counter-top over hang and in order for it to work

with stove, they had to cut it in half. He said on the back of island we have a big overhang where we can hide the thickness of legs and that we can't do that on front of counter-top.

i am not sure how i feel about this and i am wondering if anyone can shed some light on the situation? is my contractor making excuses? does this look okay? maybe there is something i can put on the "naked" wood next to the stove so that it looks more finished??

BTW, i am painting all of the trim white, maybe it will look more finished then?

thank you to everyone for all your amazing help in the past!

any words of wisdom would be helpful...

Comments (11)