SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

House plan...what do you think?

lavender_lass
11 years ago

Here's my latest 'not so small' smaller homes plans. So, what do you think? It's Summerfield's design from a few months ago, but with a few small changes...
{{gwi:2073264}}From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

The last few months have been awful, yet I'm amazed at how much I've been able to do. I'm sure I'll collapse soon, but so far, I've managed to keep the farm and the business going, while my husband has been sick, in the hospital and now in rehabilitation. I don't like to talk about things on the Internet, but many of you are good friends (even though I've never acutally seen you) and I need a hug, if only virtually.

My husband is getting better, but this has been difficult and as always...when I need to think about something (anything) else, I draw house or garden plans. To me, they're like a puzzle...where everything either fits or it doesn't. And like all really good puzzles, there are more than one possibility for a 'right' answer.

So, even though my husband is expected to make a full recovery, I decided to go with a larger version (beautifully drawn by Summerfield) and not so beautifully 'tweaked' by me...to allow for wider doorways, hallways and overall better accessibility. After my grandmother's experiences with less and less mobility...and now my husband's brief stay (hopefully) in a wheelchair...I'm convinced more than ever that homes need to be universally accessible...if at all possible.

So, I guess smaller, better designed/more storage, green design, heating/cooling efficient and universal accessibility might be the things we need/hope to see in new homes. At least that's what I would do, if I were building them.

My fifteen minutes of freedom is over and now I have five different things I need to do this afternoon. Take care and have a great weekend...and thank you all for being such wonderful 'small home' friends :)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor