SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newgardenelf

Here we go again!

newgardenelf
16 years ago

I need advice and encouragement.

BM has filed for full custody (again) with the intent of moving SSs out of state. She has failed to get full custody once before and was found guilty of contempt of court twice and told by the last GAL that if he were "forced to choose one parent for full custody- it would not be her" (he said this while on the stand in response from a question from her lawyer)

She has told the boys that they are moving, her husband has already moved, she told the teachers at the beginning of the year that the boys were moving soon once she worked out the custody issue, etc. In fact we found out that this was her plan when a teacher asked my daughter if she was also moving.

Our lawyer feels like this is never going to happen and that her actions will also allow DH to get full custody. But we are worried that he is a little too laid back given what is at stake. The guardian has also indicated that she doesn't see any reason to move the boys when they are finally doing well in school and is suggesting that when they go to mediation that she will be making that known on record "in hopes that it will encourage everyone to work with the current court orders." (which is joint custody)

I'm so sad for my SSs it is obvious that they are being told they are moving (they are withdrawing from friends, telling us that their mom is talking about this other state, asking where they are going to school next year, etc.) DH is stressed because BM and her husband quit their local jobs and he has already moved???????????

How do you make sure the GAL and court understand that a BM will stop at nothing to get what she wants without sounding crazy yourself????????

Comments (6)