SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
sandy808

His And Her Bathrooms...Good or Bad Idea

sandy808
12 years ago

I'm intrigued with the idea of his and her bathrooms connected to the master bedroom as opposed to one really large master bathroom. A large shared shower would be O.K.

There is also the idea of a main master bathroom, and the second master bath being right outside the door from a short hall, and doubling as a guest bath.

Maybe they don't have to be co-located. Perhaps two different doors right off the master would work better, like one on one end, and the other on another end somewhere, or running behind the bedroom wall.

What are your thoughts? I wish there were pictures of something like this, but I haven't been able to find any.

I love my husband dearly, but I like complete privacy when using the toilet. He doesn't seem to mind lack of privacy in that regard, but I don't enjoy seeing him parked with his laptop while he does his business. For sure a window is in order here. I also feel funny when plucking my eyebrows and he comes in, with curious observation. Some things are best left to feminine mystic.

Even my kitties seem to like toilet privacy. If one goes to use the litter box, they just look at me as if to say "you can leave now, mom"! They won't use it until I leave the room.

Comments (33)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars46 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022