SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niffy

Need pantry layout ideas!

niffy
14 years ago

Just met with my kitchen/cabinet designer for the first time on Thursday, and will likely be posting with many questions as drawings come back. My first issue: I have a butler's pantry connecting my kitchen and dining room. It is 5' long, and we will put china, cabinetry/bev center, etc on one wall. On the opposite wall is the space for my real storage pantry for the kitchen. Unfortunately, we couldn't work a walk-in into the plans. I now have a space 5 feet long and 2 feet deep to work with. The designer suggested 2 large cabinets, built-in, side by side, made to look like furniture, with doors on top and drawers on the bottom. I like the idea of how this will look, and like the idea of the bottom drawers, but suddenly I am concerned about the shelving above being nearly 2 ft deep (extra microwave will be on 1 shelf, btw). Any ideas? Roll-outs on most shelves? Decrease the cabinet depth? Start over and do pantry pull-outs? Sorry I don't have a drawing but the space isn't too complicated and I'm open to ideas!

Comments (4)