SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

OT? BBQ grill questions

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I'm going grill crazy, partly because with the remodel it's the only thing besides the microwave I can actually use. The iron grates on my old grill are rusting and flaking off onto food, yuck. Questions:

1. Porcelain coated iron grate replacements, steel replacements, or new grill altogether? (keeping in mind that I'm broke from the kitchen remodel)

2. If new grill, I'm looking at Blue Ember (Home Depot), $450, and Weber Genesis (in blue color, of course), $650-700, both with propane. CR rated Blue Ember highly but the HD reviews indicated a design defect. Other ideas in that price range? I'm also considering putting off the grill until the year I do a whole backyard renovation and can do a built in island with a gas line.

3. Can a propane bbq be changed to gas line with a converter kit next year or are they completely different creatures with incompatible innards?

4. Is there a better forum for posting this question? The outdoor cooking forum doesn't seem to have much activity, and I've concluded that the kitchen people know everything anyway. :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)