SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnar1957

BBQ Grills

donnar57
16 years ago

Perhaps this would have been better on the Cookware forum, or another forum, but I'm more comfortable here.

Our poor Weber charcoal grill, probably over 20 years old, has given us wonderful service. My husband barbecues, during the nice-weather months, on the average of twice a month. (Maybe that's why it's lasted 20 years?)

We think it's time for it to be replaced, but we're debating two different debates - charcoal vs propane, and if propane, what the heck is the difference between the $150-200 grills and the $1200 grills (besides the bells & whistles)? My husband looks at these "three burner grills" and my question is "why, when you only do the occasional steak, burger, chicken or pork steak?" I should add, the new one will have to reside outside, but we would buy a cover for it and keep it covered when not in use - we don't keep this one covered, but it used to be under the back patio cover (which no longer exists).

That said - what kind of grill do you have (gas or propane, and what brand if propane) and WHY do you like it? What features are "can't live without" for someone who will BBQ on the average of 2x a month?

Thanks,

DonnaR/CA

Comments (25)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio