SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jabelone_gw

payment schedule for quartz counter

jabelone
13 years ago

We have narrowed down our counter selection and the guy were thinking of going with wants 50% payment when the template is made - 40% payment before they are delivered and the last 10% upon installation. Is this the typical payment schedule? It seems holding 10% back is on the low side if there are any serious problems. He might even be willing to walk away from 10% if the quartz pieces don't match (happened to my brother) or the seams are bad etc...

We were all set to jump, but the contract form spooked us because everything is to protect his interests and nothing to protect ours. For example, the details of what he'll provide are very sparse and unspecific, but the list of our responsibilities and the costs of failing to meet those is quite long. Other oddities; he charges $200 extra if you do not buy one of his sinks (he says it's has to do with the template). He also charges $200 per hour for any additional install time that comes from any pre-existing issue (not related to him). Does that mean if everything isn't 100% perfect for him to just lay them down counters and leave, we pay for it? I guess so. I don't expect him to be a cabinet installer but I would have thought "installation" might include rectifying any minor issues regarding fit and finish that could arise. It just sends up a red flag. I called the BBB, but they had no info on him it seems - good or bad.

Comments (4)