SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schorert_gw

Grout, tile, floors and lawsuits part II

schorert
9 years ago

As many of you may remember, I posted this story two weeks ago about a terrible experience with a contractor:
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0513594421673.html

Just to follow up, I have had floor contractors and tile contractors review the work. The grout that WAS finallly installed was non-sanded and inappropriate for the wall mosaic. To remove the mosaic and prepare the wall to accept new tile will cost over $500.
The floor contractor wants us to remove all furnishings and refinish all the floors over two days at roughly $1200.
The stove has been damaged and the quote to replace is now $5,700, up from $5000 that we paid for it a month ago.
the icing on the cake was the $1,000 square area rug that we ordered the same day as the tile, we unrolled to find that it is decidedly rectangular!

The owner of this company, in business for 30 years, has transitioned from "we'll do anything we can to make this right" to ( a quote) "This is going to cost me about $10,000!? forget it!" and has basically broken off communication. he does not respond to phone or email...when I go to his store he is "out".

lawyer has not accepted this case yet, seems to think it's a lot of work for little return.

Comments (11)