SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1956_gw

Kitchen Phobia

annie1956
13 years ago

Well, DH & I have been throwing around the idea of reno'ing the kitchen over the past couple of years. There's really nothing "wrong" with it as is. It's got Yorketowne Bleached Oak cabinets (i.e. "pink") prob from the late 80's or 90's that are in good shape, (we bought 2001) Silestone sink (also "pinkish"), blue speckled formica counter. But sink is in the corner, appliances are older and there is no dishwasher, no place to put one with current layout & the vinyl floor has no more shine left. So original idea was to refinish the cab's and relocate the sink, add a dishwasher, put in a new island with the cooktop/oven in the island & new tile floor.

But, we stopped at the new vignettes in Lowe's and the new cherry cabinets looked SOO nice. DH says bite the bullet and go new. We could do it money-wise, but I'm basically a frugal person and this has me just so terrified of saying yes. It's not like we have a big kitchen. Prob about 10k-12k worth of new cabinets. But - that's about 8k more than I was originally planning on spending on cabinets.

So why am I not jumping at the chance?

Comments (11)