SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahmakes6

Correcting my office painting mistake...ugh

sarahmakes6
12 years ago

I am going to back to work after 15 years at home and have an office to paint. It's in an elementary school and has 1950's original paneling which I cannot paint, and 12 foot ceilings (at least). There is a bulletin board attached to the wall all the way around the entire space which I cannot remove.

The previous occupant painted the bulletin board one color and the wall above another color.

BEFORE:

I thought going all one color would be better. I was aiming for light and airy and instead got 1980's seafoam green. Possibly hospital green. I am repainting. Immediately.

TERRIBLE MISTAKE:

My question:

Would you paint it all one color, or would you divide it into two colors - one for the bulletin board, one for the wall above? I'd like to paint the paneling white, but I think I'll wait till I've been there a year to broach that subject.

I have a new color in mind and I'm changing directions completely, by the way. The new color is known to me as "My Neighbor's Kitchen." She doesn't know the color, but she poured a little sample for me from a jar. It's a richer, earthier green.

Comments (24)