SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachael_rae_gw

Under the table income

rachael_rae
16 years ago

My DH's ex has custody. We get them every other weekend. She gets an extreme amount of child support, which I want it to go said, I am more than interested in paying because I think that paying child support is the right thing to do. My problem is in the amount that we pay. When he went to court, she painted a picture of desperation in terms of her income, so he has to pay an extreme amount. The problem is that she's a personal trainer and she works for cash/check, which is virtually impossible to track. She's not reporting half of her income. She's living large both off of her income and off of my husband's monthly contributions by way of child support, meanwhile, we are forced to be pretty conservative in spending and purchasing because of it. Just seems so wrong, you know?!! Is anyone else experiencing this? I think that the courts would be interested in knowing that she fudged her side of the income numbers. Can anyone offer any ideas on how to go about proving her income? It's hard to track money that is not paid through a company/government paycheck.... Any ideas??

Comments (61)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor