SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

What's Your Interior Design Geek Power?

ttodd
12 years ago

What crazy things do you notice or know that nobody else (ie: non-decor obsessed individuals) would ever notice or know in a billion, trillion yrs.?

I scared myself (and yet deep down inside was very proud) when I was watchig a TV commercial the other day and noticed that sticking out under a pile of stuff on a desk was a Farrow and Ball sample brochure. That's what I noticed. So I grabbed the remote from DH and hit rewind just in case my eyes were playing tricks on me. How could somebody notice such a tiny thing so quickly? Or more unfathomable to me: How could somebody NOT notice it right away? And yes it was F&B on her desk.

I felt DH's eyes staring at me looking for an explanation of my actions. His eyes WOULD NOT leave me. So I blurted out 'She has a Farrow and Ball color brochure on her desk!' and I felt pudding grin creep across my face before I was done saying it. I know there was a twinkle in my eye. DH just kept staring at me (wishing he could get back to the ball game no doubt but knowing that in the best interest of time that he should just let me continue). 'I'm really starting to recognize things!'.

'That's great!' he replied w/ fake grin (or grimace) on his face as he slowly reached for the remote.

'That's so cool' I said out loud to myself as I ran to get my F&B brochure.

My Interior Geek Power is sadly recognizing paint decks tucked away in off the path places. And paint colors. I can instantly envision a color if you mention it by name. I'm like an elephant that way.

How about you? What's your Interior Design Geek Power?

BTW - I still couldn't tell you what the commercial was for and I've seen it over and over but I always zoom in on the paint.

Comments (27)