SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
feisty68

Part II: take a peek at my "soft modern" small kitchen design?

feisty68
9 years ago

Gosh I did go on and on in my last thread!

JDE24: "I agree removing the soffit could look clean if you didn't have a visible L. Exposed ducts might look good. Extending it allows the flexibility to add uppers that look built in later if more storage is needed."

- good points. Thanks for the input - I haven't quite thought through the design there. The range wall may have two wall wounted articulated lamps, and it may have an open shelf. A soffit could look slightly cute above those - if symmetrical. Exposed duct could be painted.

Jennifer and Bbtrix, glad you like the artwork :) . Bbtrix, having an artist mother you probably have a very good idea what my mother's artworks mean to me. I have quite a few - one of which is another large (44" high, 48" wide), more colourful piece that will be hung in the dining area. I am very lucky that my husband likes them - he is not a big fan of artwork on the walls but he responds to hers.

My challenge is to minimize visual clutter in this room that is kitchen, dining, living, homeschooling, my home office, media centre, and playspace. I'm hoping that offwhite 15" deep low cabinetry (continuing along the range wall past the base cabinets) will help.

Here is a link that might be useful: Part 1 thread

This post was edited by feisty68 on Sun, May 25, 14 at 23:39

Comments (165)