SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacy_gw

Granite: ivory brown or Kashmir white?

jacy
14 years ago

Don't have any pictures yet as work has yet to begin, sorry.

Stuck on granite choice, which will also drive flooring (to be sheet vinyl in coordinating stone-look.)

Dove white upper cabs; chocolate cherry base, stainless appliances. Aiming to transition from light to dark through the granite and am thinking of classic white subway tile backsplash, with either Kashmir white (olive-ish cast to the grey flecks) or ivory brown (lots of movement, which I adore) granite. My basic inspiration was the House Beautiful Kitchen of the Month (Nantucket) link below, and while I'd love to do Carrara, it just isn't practical for my household.

I have samples of each and just cannot make up my mind.

I like the way the Kashmir white looks against a white backsplash, and the dark base cabs will pull out the chocolate spots, but I really wish there were more movement to this stone. It's overall very cool, color-wise, especially against stainless, and I wonder if I need more warmth. On the other hand, I was hoping for walls along the lines of BM's Yarmouth Blue or something similarly grey-blue, and this would coordinate very well with that wall color.

On the other hand, I really love the movement in the ivory brown. However, it's a decidedly creamier look than the Kashmir white and perhaps won't do as well against a white backsplash? There's a huge display kitchen in the granite shop featuring this stone and I really like it, but there's no white surfaces in that display. I think I like what proximity to stainless brings out in ivory brown more so than Kashmir. But what color walls with this one?

Anybody with either of these two stones have any comments about their real-life look?

Thanks much!

Here is a link that might be useful: HB's Kitchen of the Month inspiration

Comments (10)