SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

A new Monday hello

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Hi Anj, Our other post was getting so long so I thought I'd start us a new one for this week.

Hope you got a good night's rest, and that your back isn't bothering you too much. Hope your Mom gets her things all sorted today too, so the insulation can proceed on time.

Well, if you are anything like me, you'd better get those items for donation out in your car fast. I've caught myself "changing my mind" and going and pulling things back out before! LOL

Not too much going on here. Need to do a few chores, and maybe a little deadheading. We had a nice gentle rain on Saturday and it has cooled off nicely. Sun was out yesterday and looks like it will be today, but not HOT!

I'm painting on a couple of little haunted house designs. Thought they were "cute", but there is so much detail stuff on them. I also cut out a little wooden cupcake and painted it. Plan to tie it on my friends birthday package. I'll take a pic and post it later. I had seen one somewhere and decided to draw my own pattern since it was fairly simple. Had the tension on my saw too loose, so sort of messed up a bit on the one side, but I think I fixed it enough that no one but me will ever know. (And anyone reading this, that is!) LOL I wanted to cut it on the thinner wood, but didn't have any left, so I went ahead and used regular 3/4 inch. Guess it could be hung or set somewhere--or better still, passed on to another birthday person! ;o)

That reminds me that I need to make a trip to Lowe's for some more wood and a can of spray primer for some metal trays. I don't know if I have to use the primer, but am afraid not to for fear the paint will chip without it! It sure makes the project more expensive to do though. But then again, I'd be really upset if I did all that work of painting it, and the paint didn't stay on well. What's that saying, "better safe than sorry", right?

Okay, I'll check back here later to see if you've had a chance to hop on here. Hope your attic project goes well. How great that you got it all in bins now. Did you print yourself out some labels for them? Just having them separated into sections will really help to find things too, won't it? I'm still envious of your nice big attic storage space! ;o)

Luvs

Comments (14)