SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Can you give me feedback on kitchen choices?

lavender_lass
13 years ago

I talked to our contractor and he likes the plan (really likes that Summerfield made it so easy to read!) and now I'm trying to finalize finishes for the kitchen.

So, here's the plan and some of the finishes I'm thinking of using. Big change is the idea of a baby grand piano in the sunroom. (LOL) Long story, but after thinking I might get a great deal on one...even if that doesn't materialize, it would be wonderful to have the space for a piano. So, I designed it for one...and maybe one will show up :)

With the soft turquoise walls in the sunroom, I decided to go with a shiny black finish on the woodstove (and possible black piano) so I'm thinking of adding black to the kitchen. Maybe a honed (not shiny) black granite on the perimeter, with marble on the work table. I was planning to have an island, but for various reasons, I think the work table will be a better choice.

Anyway, here's some pictures and I hope you'll let me know if you think it works. The brick (vinyl) floors pick up the living room fireplace and I'm planning to use wrought iron for the two stools at the work table and maybe some other accents. Also want to include antique brass and copper accents, with lighting, hardware, etc. Thanks in advance :)

{{gwi:1547693}}

Picture from a magazine with the black countertops...love the sunflowers!

{{gwi:1547695}}

Work table (original idea) and the second one should be easy to modify a work table, making it a little taller with the base and add a marble top. I think the oak (?) looks more rustic, too.

{{gwi:1435527}}

{{gwi:1547698}}

Floor and backsplash idea...like the birds, still thinking about the bunnies (LOL)

{{gwi:1435539}}

{{gwi:1435540}}

Copper accents...need to find some cool copper pans, at some point.

{{gwi:1547705}}

Still want to have french accents, like sunflowers, lavender, lots of herbs and some french style chairs...plus these cannisters!

{{gwi:617005}}

{{gwi:617010}}

Comments (11)