SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_129235

Why are light fixtures so hard? Is this too modern?

Boopadaboo
11 years ago

DH is really going to just pick one out himself if I dont pick some soon. He has been asking for probably 3 years.

I was picking floral, crystal like light fixtures but they seemed too fussy/fancy for this modest colonial house. I am going for a more whimsical/cottage/eclectic look I guess over time, but I dont like most "traditional light fixtures" Since we have regular height celings I thought it woudl be good to get some that do not hang too low. Ultimately I need one for the foyer (sorry - that is what I have always called it no matter the size of the house :) ), for the upstairs landing, for the downstairs hallway, and two for the kitchen.

I have fallen in love with these....

I like that it comes in 1, 3 and 5 light versions, I love the circles,a nd that you can take out the mirrored circles that have no lights and substitute fabric if you wanted.

DH says they belong in a contemporary house.

Do you agree?

I did find these that I Think will "go" better in our house, but i dont really like them that much.

I like this too, but not so sure the color works...

The goal is as much light as possible, for a reasonable price that makes sense in the house.

This is the first spot I need to fill....

Comments (14)