Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

Lies, Secrets and ommissions

17 years ago

I'm not surprised my SD lies. All kids lie, but her mom is a pathological liar and it seems they lie about EVERYTHING. It is the biggest pet peeve I have... I hate when someone insults my intelligence by telling me a stupid lie and thinks I am going to believe it.

Well, today my rant is not about lies exactly... it's about SD being sneaky and keeping secrets. It's to the point where we can't trust ANYTHING she says. (and I know there are times she must be telling the truth but we feel like we can never give her the benefit of the doubt) I hate living like that.

The most recent incident started last school year. She was taking lunches we packed and also using her lunch card to purchase hot lunches so she was eating two lunches. Well, she usually takes lunch so there has been a hold on her lunch card so she cannot purchase lunches unless she brings a note with money from one of us. We did not place a hold on her breakfast or ala carte purchases, mostly because we never thought she'd buy breakfast since we feed her breakfast at home and we left the ala carte open in case we wanted to give her money to get something extra.

Well, last week she asked DH when can she buy hot lunches again and he told her when she brings her grades up. We've been struggling with her not turning in her work, lying that she turned it in or left it at her mom's when it wasn't done, etc. She asked if she can use her own money and DH told her no, she needs to bring her grades up to be able to get hot lunch as she considers it a treat. Well, she and DH helped my in laws move last weekend and she got $10 from grandma for 'helping'. On Monday, she spent $3 on slushies at school without asking DH. He was upset when she only had $7 left and I looked at her lunch account and see that she also had purchased a breakfast the week before (that was before she asked if she can buy hot lunch) and we asked her where she got money for breakfast and why she is buying a breakfast when she eats every morning before leaving. She said her friend bought her it and she did it because she wanted to. It's not the crime of the century but it is frustrating the hell outta me. It has more to do with us being able to trust her because at this point, she has decided that she is going to do whatever she wants and there is nothing anyone can do about it. A couple of months ago, she kept it secret that her mom or grandma was going to cut her hair after she had asked her dad and he said no. Then she came back with cut hair and nothing dad can do about it. A couple of weekends ago, she came back with a temporary tattoo on her neck and DH took it off and told her not to come back with those since he doesn't like it. She came back the next week with two of them on her belly that she tried to hide. I'm just sick of the talks and she cries and says she's sorry for lying but then turns around and does it again almost immediately.

I don't know if there's a question in this. I am just frustrated at the moment and needed to vent. Of course, I'd always appreciate other perspectives. (and for those that don't know the situation, she's 9 years old. I'm dreading her teen years already!)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Remodeling Company in New Albany, Ohio