SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: secret santa seed swap thank you's and games

flwrs4ever
13 years ago

Just To Say Thank You

The things that you do mean a great deal to me.

They bring me joy in the midst of a dreadful day.

Although I know I do not deserve an angel like you.

It delights me that you care for me in such a way.

Like when you do something to let me know I am special,

The things that you do make our love even more real.

But the best thing is I know that you are there for me.

You always say something to change the way that I feel;

You have lovingly showered your kindness upon me.

You are there to bring needed brightness to my dreary day

You have become an important and inspiring part of my life.

Thank you are the words I am really trying my best to say.

(Poet - Reginald Levi Walker)

What Do We Love About Christmas?

What do we love about Christmas;

Does our delight reside in things?

Or are the feelings in our hearts

The real gift that Christmas brings.

It's seeing those we love,

And sending Christmas cards, too,

Appreciating people who bring us joy

Special people just like you.

By Joanna Fuchs

My Christmas Wish For You

My Christmas wish for you, my friend

Is not a simple one

For I wish you hope and joy and peace

Days filled with warmth and sun

I wish you love and friendship too

Throughout the coming year

Lots of laughter and happiness

To fill your world with cheer

May you count your blessings, one by one

And when totaled by the lot

May you find all you've been given

To be more than what you sought

May your journeys be short, your burdens light

May your spirit never grow old

May all your clouds have silver linings

And your rainbows pots of gold

I wish this all and so much more

May all your dreams come true

May you have a Merry Christmas friend

And happy New Year, too ..

***These three poems are for each of you ! Thanks for taking the time to make a difference in 100+ lives this Christmas Season !!

**Please post here your THANK YOUS, and GAMES will continue here ..

Comments (150)

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I just checked my Bingo words and I only have 5 left till I hit Bingo!!!! :) I can't believe I've made it this far!!

• fearadyn
    13 years ago

This elf doing happy snow dance all the way from the mailbox today~

So many beautiful cards and wonderful seeds, thank you so much~

Sky for the blue morning glories, I feel like spring is here already,

hibiscusfan for the delphiniums, blue flax, blue salvia~can't wait to plant, can't wait to plant...

missmo20 for the liatris spicata~perfect for my butterfly garden

gmom for the tall phlox, this has been missing from my gardens far to long.

Oh I just wish I could show all these beautiful cards and seeds to everyone!! I love them all~

Holiday huggs to one and all, many blessings to you and your families.

Also huggs and good wishes out to those who are going thru loss this season, it is a hard season even in the best of times, going thru loss just makes it almost impossible. Just never forget, spring will follow the winter~
    lynn

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap 5 ( thank you and games)

Q

Comments (25)
    Apologizing profusely for being late in thanking the following for such pretty cards and seeds - Debby_1 - an old-timey Christmas tree with old-timey ornaments within white cameo on green - generous pack of pink impatiens and Pennisetum 'Purple Majesty', even though the envelope was only hanging together by 2 corners - looking forward to finch conniptions so much near a big pot of pink impatiens. NikkiNeel & Sarah Kate sent a cute home-made card with a snowman and Dwarf Blue Curled Kale seeds, so I can give next winter's snowman a green, ruffled hairdo heehee. He'll have red eyes from overdoing eggnog from seeds saved (hopefully) from Sunflower 'Prado Red' and eyebrows from seed saved from Sunflower 'Autumn Beauty'. Clitoria Double White (love white flowers so much) might lend a winter viney necklace from which to hang icicles. KatKni - On an embossed, cut-out card, Santa is walking down a snowy slope, with a red-capped songbird perched on a snow-laden evergreen, conversing with a toy clown and horse in a brown sack on Santa's back. The murky, dark purple of the hyacinth-bean vine, together with white lace flowers of Cilantro, will wonderfully complement the orange of Calendula and earlier brilliance of moss roses in my garden next summer. poisondartfrog - A 19th-century homestead opened up into an awesome treasure trove of seeds. I don't know what it is about color shadows on flower petals, but they fascinate me. Papaver somniferum "Giant Double Cream", "Impatiens scabrida, Helianthus 'Italian Green Heart', Mirabilis 'Lemon Swirl" & Tagetes 'Alumia Vanilla Cream' all involve blushes, specklings and swirls of palest yellow shadowing white petals that hopefully will delicately spread blazing deepest gold from Callistephus 'Princess Hilda' to a pale yellow gold dahlia. Agastache mexicana 'Champagne'' will catch a few glitters and Nasturtium 'Alaska Raspberry' will thread its way up through them with darker tones. There will be sky-blue in the vicinity from Blue Woodruff, Nemesia 'Aegian Sea', Viola 'Miniola Heart Aqua' and Platycodon 'Axminster Streak.'. Portulaca 'Happy Trails' will strew its gem-colors at their feet, and Datura 'Purple People Eater' will hulk over the entire ensemble making sure everyone minds their p's & q's. Earlier in the season, Digitalis purpurea 'Dalmatian; will lurk in tree shadows, and over a sunny, dry wall, pink Lavandula angustifolia 'Pink Elegance' will waft its scent down to passers-by. Well, obviously I'm not speechless, but I can't thank everyone enough for all the amazing, thoughtful cards and seeds they sent to me. I loved participating in this swap and hope to do it again next Christmas. ps - I sent 4 additional cards along with the others on 12/21 and hope they made it to where they were going.
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap Games and Recd Cards (#4)

Q

Comments (150)
    Great envelopes in today's mail! Thank you Faye ( Notougly ) for a nice card and seeds of: Anise Hyssop, Cosmos "Bright LIghts", Hardy Hibiscus "Grenache" pink, Salvia Regaliana...love 'em all. You hit the spot Heidi!!! Beautiful blessings with 2 healthy, simple and yummy sounding recipes, many thanks. Heidi's recipes: ***************************************************** SUGAR FREE APPLE DESSERT 3 c peeled and sliced apples 1 ( 8-oz) can frozen Apple juice 1 tsp cinnamon 4-6 sugar-free graham crackers, crushed 1 T cornstarch 1 T butter Mix apples with cornstarch and cinnamon. Put in a glass baking dish. Pour apple juice over. Dot with butter. Put cracker crumbs on top. Bake at 350 deg for 1 hour or until apples are tender. ******************************************************* STRAWBERRY DESSERT 3 oz Strawberry Jell-o ( sugar-free) 3 oz instant vanilla pudding ( sugar-free) 4 c sliced strawberries large graham cracker crust Add jello @ pudding to 2 cups of boiling water. Mix well. Add strawberries. Put in graham cracker crust. Chill. ******************************************************* Actually fun coping recipes, haven't done it in a while, almost always make my own. Here is one that was printed in today's Times Picayune- New Orleans, simple recipe for NO SALT SEASONING. Glad Judy Walker printed it and added ---Great for gifting! Hope you all enjoy these or at least one, keep warm and be well. Wishing you merry and blessed Christmas season, Bea Here is a link that might be useful: NO SALT SEASONING
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Swap (thank you' sand games) 2

Q

Comments (151)
    Hi all, I'm behind again. I've got 2 days worth of cards to list. From foreverrecyclereuse I received round cantaulope,Broccoli and Grand Rapids lettuce. jas.il sent poppies, chives and Buttercrunch lettuce. Panhandle_seed_swap sent a huge package of foxgloves, I would love to plant each one of them. Tularosa Market melon. Dirt Daddy sent a mother lode. There's moneymaker tomato, White lisbon onion, marigold mix, lettuce mix, Super beefsteak tomato, evergreen long white bunching onion, gourmet blend lettuce, bibb lettuce, Aunt Gertie's gold tomato, German Johnson tomato, Abe Lincoln tomato, and Rutgers tomato. Nikkineel sent a wonderful card with a snowman. I received Castor beans, echinacea cheyenne spirit, Cannibals tomato and zinnia swirls. jhgarden9 sent marigolds, Korean melon, and cucumbers. smitties sent sea holly and sombrero echinacia. and last but not least, roper 2008 sent red barn tomato, pink poppy and red and yellow speckled marigold. All I can say is WOW. To each and every one, thank you very much. Debby
    ...See More

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed swap thanks and games #6

Q

Comments (151)
    This is such a wonderful swap! Wonderful cards with warm holiday greetings and seeds for the new year! I can't believe it, but I received even more cards! You are all sooooo generous! From Margirta10 came a lovely snowman card with a snowman angel and "BELIEVE" on the front. Wonderful sentiment for this time of year! Inside were packets of Giant California mixed zinnias, white phlox, Pastel Carpet mixed alyssum and Tall Deluxe mixed snapdragons. Thanks so much - I love them all! A Happy Holiday stocking card came from Melinda/ilovefarac with one of my all time favorites --Hyacinth beans. woohoo! Thanks, Melinda! Karendee sent a hilarious card. Santa is standing with a shopping cart full of flowers and long shopping list. On the front it reads, "Seeds 'n Greetings!" Inside were another one of my favorites - mixed larkspur! Thanks, Karen! Funny larkspur story -- maybe some of you have had this happen to you... The first time the larkspur reseeded, it went outside the flower beds and into the yard a few feet from the original beds. Some of them were in such numbers that I went out and surrounded it with bricks so my DH wouldn't mow it down. I told him I was going to expand the flower beds - and that's what I did. Couldn't have had a better reason to expand the flower beds! Thanks so much for all the seeds and warm wishes! ~Kathy
    ...See More
  • ruthz
    13 years ago

Mail just came with more goodies.

fcoffill/Francis
    sent mixed colors Lilliput zinnias

These are so cute.
    I grew them for a few years and then they stopped reseeding.
    I've missed bringing little bouquets in for the dining table.

Happy Thursday Mailboxing to Everyone

• graanieb
    13 years ago

You too Ruth, thank you for making my thursday brighter, nice card and seeds: Zinnia giant Fantasy, Orn Pepper "Black Pearl" and Kale Red Winter---will be planted soon.
    Like you , I've not had some things reseed, like Lilliput and Oklahoma Zinnia, pepper " Black Pearl", vietnamese and others.
    May be very freeze last winter affected them.

Thank you Frances -fcoffill- for the nice card and Hardy Hibiscus!!!

see you all soon,
    Bea

• ggwrn
    13 years ago

I received 2 more cards today. Hibiscusfan sent rudbeckia cappuccino. Thank you I love rudbeckias! Tbbgardens sent a seed sampler :) with red and pink dwarf hibiscus, anise hyssop, clitoria vine, mexican petunias, touch me nots and scarlet creeper vine. Thank you for all the great seeds! More flowers for the butterflies and hummingbirds!

Ginger

• amybeth82
    13 years ago

I also received a card today from gmom2-6boys with a tiny gift-wrapped packet of lemon balm seeds. I looked up the culinary uses of this herb and my mouth is watering. Lemon balm pesto over homemade pasta anyone? Lemon balm vinaigrette? Ooh, I can't wait. Thanks, Sharon!

• lisa831
    13 years ago

Receive a beautiful card today from Ruthz she send
    Ornmentral Sangria
    Ornmentral Calypso Orange
    Red Peter Pepper
    Thanks you

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

Many thanks to the elves who are sending me cheer! I've been out to visit my mom for about 6 weeks, and it seems to be taking a LOOOOONG time to get back into the swing of things. Coming back just in time for Christmas preparations isn't exactly the most restful way to end a trip! All the little cards are certainly lifting my spirits so much, helping me forget how behind I am. Thank you!

Earlier I got Rudbeckia hirta from both kmpsmom and hibiscusfan ('Cappacino' seeds). Yea!!! They were stars of the garden this year, and I loved the variations from the different seed sources. They will be fun to grow this summer. One of my favorite flowers, for sure!

missmoso sent me some Liatris spicata, too. Thank you! It's a beautiful flower that is missing from my garden. It is also a fantastic NH alternative to purple loosestrife, which is invasive here. Perfect seed choice, missmoso!

Xiangirl send me orange Butterfly WEed and Helianthus. My butterfly weed didn't make it this year, so thank you for sending me those seeds! Welove watching the butterflies in the garden, and I was so sad when an animal devoured my seedlings. Glad I have more now! Can't wait to grow those wonderful Helianthus, too.

farmergirl2009 send me Echinacea White Swan. YEA!! I have the purple, but I have doubts that my whites lived. Thank you!! Just what I needed. Then, more of the lovely Rudbeckias. YEA! And, finally, some Shasta Daisy. Part of my bed will become a White and Yellow bed next year, and the shastas are perfect. Thank you!!

You all are too generous. Thank you so much!!

Time to get my seeds ready!
    Deanna

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Sorry to be so late reporting all of my wonderful cards and seeds from you wonderful elves. I was able to log on but not post...I guess I was a bad girl!! LOL!

This is just to much fun!

Jodie sent me...
    Sweet William Dianthus
    Spurred Snapdragon mix Northern Lights
    Candytuft Tuft Dwarf Fairy Mix
    Jodie, the seeds you sent arrived in perfect shape. The envelope has seen better days.

Lisa (I Share)sent....
    Larkspur Frosted Skies

Erica_CT sent....
    Marigold Mix

KMPSMom sent.....
    Verbena
    Salvia coccinea
    Phacilia

Dan the mailman sent....
    Larkspur

redthreaddiy sent....
    Bachelor butoon Blue Boy
    Marigold french mixed colors
    Candytuft white
    Marigold Scarlet
    Marigold sweet and orange
    Marigold sweet and yellow
    Tomato Roma
    I will be checking out the GH site!!

Thank you so much for your joyous cards and generosity. I only wish I could meet each of you in person for lunch, dinner or for a couple of glasses of vino and shoot the breeze. You are a delight.

Merry Christmas...

Annie

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Well I recieved 3 more cards today. so I need to thank

gmom2-6boys she sent me some agastache-lavender I can not wait to start these.

kmpsmom she sent me pentasand some agastache foeniculum again I can not waitt o start these. And I love the snoopy card.

rbrady she sent me monkey flowers maybe I can get these to flower, and some ozmorhizzo claytonni sweet cicely hmm never heard of it but can't wait to check it out.

Thanks so much I love them all.

Paula

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

I've received a couple of questions about postage, so I thought I'd answer them here so everyone would know.

1. A "forever" stamp is the current value of a first-class stamp, whether you bought it this morning or when they first came out. Currently that value is 44-cents, no more, no less. The great thing about the forever stamp is that you can but them now at 44-cents each, and when the cost of a first-class stamp goes up, so will the value of your stamps which you have at home! Cool, eh?

2. Postage does not only depend on the weight of a package, but also the size of it. Even though most everyone is using average-sized envelopes, we all have to watch the thickness too. Remember, if it's over 1/4 of an inch, it'll go up in price. When in doubt, stick on another stamp. So far I've received 2 envelopes which were "postage due", and I'm hoping none of mine were received that way. I was happy to pay the extra because I knew there was was a lot of happiness enclosed, and sometimes it happens, right?

Thus endeth the lesson. I hope it helped someone.

Everyone have a great day!
    -Dan

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Received 2 cards yesterday. Thanks to MissMojo for the
    baloon flower, I have always wanted to grow that one.
    Thank you also to v1rtuos1ty for the orange cosmos's,
    Laura bush petunia and agastache. This will make my
    garden more beautiful next year. Can't wait!

• keiki
    13 years ago

I got 2 fun filled cards last night.

First was from Michiet who sent me garlic chives, cleome and cantaloupe. Thank you very much!

My second treasure was Italian Red beans from Dan the mail man, thank you from Keiki the postmistress lol NOT.

Seriously thank you, but I am going to need a bigger garden here guys. Anyone know if Santa is giving acreage this year?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Good morning, there is ALOT of people having trouble logging in to the site !! If you find your having trouble ..PLEASE send a message to GW, they are asking for your error message. They are aware of the problem and working on it !!

Dont worry if people arent posting a thankyou on ur cards, and dont worry if you cant post a thank you right away due to this issue...we have ALL month, and Im sure it will be resolved as soon as possible.

With this happening...I am going to post the 12 days of Christmas ..but wait till Sat to post anymore BINGO words.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Day 9

1.What famous Christmas movie is the following line from? "You�ll shoot your eye out! You�ll shoot your eye out!"

2. What are the names of Santa�s reindeer ?

3. Where did the Grinch steal Christmas?

4. True or false: The New England Puritans forbade Christmas celebrations

1. Which Christmas carol says, "We all like figgy pudding"?

2. Which Christmas carol would you be listening to if you heard the line - "the running of the deer"?
      7. Where is the world's largest Christmas tree?
      8. Who was the star of the Christmas movie Jingle All The Way?
      9. Which was the last US state to declare an official holiday for Christmas?
      10. Which is the only Santa's reindeer that is named after another animal?

Day 10

1. What is Santa Claus called in France?
    2.Which nation traditionally uses straw decorations for Christmas?
    3.We all know about the tradition of hanging stockings for gifts. Which country uses shoes instead of socks for the same purpose?
    4. Which Christmas carol did Jimmy Boyd make famous when he was just 12 years old?
    5. According to superstition, what do cattle do at midnight on Christmas Eve?
    6. On what day do french parents exchange presents ?
    7. What colorful twinkling items are the first thing usually hung on a Christmas tree?
    8. Which popular Christmas song was penned by James Pierpoint?
    9. What city did "Miracle on 34th Street" take place in?
    10. What year was the first commercial Christmas card made in ?

• riley17
    13 years ago

I got some cards today! :)

Thank you to smitties for the blue flax, agastache apache sunset, and the quinoa! :D

From Xiangirl I got three types of flowers I think, they fell out of the card when I opened them though, and got mixed up. (sorry!) I think they were 2 agastache maybe and a gaillardia? :) Thank you!

From missmojo I got balloon flower! :) Thanks!

From wishdesign I got goji berries, russian sage, and spinach mustard! :) Thank you!

Holly

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Hi all 2 more wonderful cards;;
    Big thanks to;;flowergirl34--yellow honey suckle bush,,can't wait to plant these,,

Big thanks to deergarden---stevia,, yes finally have it oh thank you cannot wait

all you little wonderful elves just brighten my days,,thank you all very much,,
    Lisa,, and grandson,, he is loving them all too he checks the arch way for new cards when he comes over,,thanks again

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Well I recieved 3 more cards today and they are from

pumpkingal she sent me a lovely assortment of pumpkin seeds which included large carving, cute 5 in baby pan, small filed trip , jack b little,and then a large carving punpkins and also somezinnia orange profussion, verbena bonariensis, and some agastache foeniculum.

missmojo send me some Liastria spicata pink/purple gayfather should go great with my current purple ones.

hibiscusfan sent me some double click cosmos and a heuchera with green/brown leaf.

Thank you gals so much

Paula

• amberroses
    13 years ago

More Santa Seeds in the mail today! From Missmojo I received liatris spicata in a holiday wrapping paper seed packet. Thank you MissMojo! From Vina (flowergirl134), my little Christmas seed angel, I got daisy Becky, hibiscus copper king, daisy Alaska, conflower NOID, nigella Love in a Mist, hibiscus rose Mallow, and conflower Ruby Giant. Thank you Vina! Your garden must be beautiful to grow all these flowers.

This is by far the absolute best group Christmas exchange I have ever been a part of.

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    13 years ago

CardinalWV sent me more wonderful rudbeckia and some helenium. Yea! My helenium last year ended up being Anthemis tinctoria 'Dyer's chamomile.' It's a great plant, but I'm thrilled to have it AND helenium now!

• dirtdaddy
    13 years ago

Hello all! Whew! long time to get here!
    Dan, thanks for the tree card and the lettuce seed. Arrived tuesday.
    KMPSmom, thanks for the snoopy card and the basil seed.
    dirtdaddy.

• jas_il
    13 years ago

Got one more pretty card with (three wise-men) from gmom2-6boys and foxglove mix seeds. Thank you so much. It would be first time when I am growing foxgloves so it would be fun.

Jasmine

• cardinalwv
    13 years ago

I received my first package of seeds from gardendad-2kid - I hope I got that correct. LOL Thanks so much, I LOVE flower seeds.
    My guesses:
    number envelopes sent = 1624
    Most one person will send = 39

• ruthz
    13 years ago

And today from Santa's Elves

ilovefarac/Melinda sent
    Lilliput zinnias - love these

missmojo sent
    Liatris - looking forward to growing this

jmt2213/Jenny sent
    Golden Jubilee tomato - new to me, I'll have to google
    common chives - I've been wanting these
    Bachelor Buttons - great for cut flowers

Thanks to all of you and
    Happy Friday Mailboxing

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Finally! I have been unable to post about the great cards I have received over the last few days.

From Jodie I received a very neatly dissected card (PO looking for contraband?) but a packet of Calendula seeds appeared to be undisturbed. Thank you Jodie. I have been having a Calendula vision and you are helping me realize it.

Angela (yotetrapper) sent me one of my most wanted Tomato varieties-Aunt Lou's Underground Railroad. I can't wait to try them!

Lisa, (ishareflowers) sent Argyranthmum (very, very exciting!) and Salvia Ballet Swan Lake.

Michele (micyrey) sent a handmade card that will be the star of my collection. I love snowmen! Enclosed was Calendula Victoria Sunset.

Ann, (Kmpsmom) sent a delightful Snoopy Card. Inside were Calendula seeds. If I can get all of the Calendula's I receive planted to look the way I see them in my head I will take pictures and post them next season. I can't wait!

lisa831 sent Reisentraube tomato seeds and I am so glad she did! I love them!

Thanks again to everyone!
    Alana

• carolynp
    13 years ago

Oh Smitties! Thank you so much for the wonderful pepper seeds and the beautiful card. I can't wait to start them. I forgot how much fun this is!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

I'm sooo behind on posting thank yous!!!

Margarita10~Orange Cosmos,Purple Balloon Flower,& Birdhouse Gourd

rane_grow~Rutger Tomato

dan _the_mailman~Kettle Gourds & Bushel Gourds

ruth z~tithonia torch,Fuji no Murasaki JMG,akatsukino mai JMG,& Grey Mornig Mist JMG

missmojo~liatris spicata

Virtuosity~tithonia &Zowie Zinna

sherri h~white datyra

jodi 74~baby blue eyes &White Wedding Zinnia

nuthnhunee~orange trumpet vine

later...April

• crisann
    13 years ago

Wow, finally can log on -- couldn't at all yesterday!

I received three cards in yesterday's mail:

missmojo ~~ sent some purple balloon flower -- such a cute little seed package!

margarita10 ~~ sent impatiens, yellow cosmos, and calendula -- I have never grown calendula -- can't wait to try!

v1rti0s1ty ~~ sent marigolds, zinnia zowie, and orange cosmos -- I love all three types of flowers -- the zinnia sound neat!

I am loving all the beautiful cards that I have hanging on my kitchen door!

Was hoping to be able to do some Christmas shopping tomorrow, but right now we are getting freezing rain -- about 4" of snow expected tomorrow with strong winds -- we are in a blizzard warning already tonight, so it is not looking like tomorrow will be a shopping day. Maybe Mother Nature will cooperate next week! :)

Have a great evening -- thanks again for the wonderful cards and seeds!

Crisann

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi everyone -

I was so excited to have received so many nice cards and seeds today when I got home! I can't wait to plant them next spring.

Thanks to:

Miss Mojo for Balloon Flower seeds, gorgeous plant!!!

Wishdesign for pinwheel zinnias (I really wanted these so much! Special thanks !!!!)

Ilovefarac for black beauty eggplant, yummy!

And, last but not least:

JMT2213 for slow bolt cilantro, black beauty eggplant, early purple vienna kohlrabi, early white vienna kohlrabi, sweet banana peppers, and musturd green seeds. All I can say is WOW!!! Thank you thank you for so many seeds. You have furnished seeds for half of my 2011 garden!!!!!!

I wish all of you very happy holidays!!!

Blessings,

Suegardens2

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I rec'd 2 cards today!
    Wonderful homemade from MissMojo with balloon flowers! Thanks so much!
    Also a beautiful homemade card from Frances/fcoffill. The envelop was in shreds but the card is fine! Alot of work in that! Also had part of plastic pack that said Ruby Siloam and I figure it was daylily. But no seeds! So sorry!
    But don't worry at all about it! I love the card and thought behind it! Thanks so much!
    Hugs, Melinda

• daffodillady
    13 years ago

Yippee!! I can finally log back in after three days with out access.

Flowergirl34- beautiful horses n birds card; Kopper King Hibiscus, Ruby Giant Coneflower, Paprika Yarrow, Love-In-A-Mist, Swamp Mallow Hibiscus, dark purple Yarrow.

Sherrih- cute snow guy card with purple and pink Echinacea.

Ilovefarac- another cute snow guy card along with Black Jack Sedum (yippee!!) and Scabosia stellata (very attractive seeds).

Jodie74- fun tree card and seed labels- Giant Plume Mix Celosia, Love In A Mist Persian Jewels.
    Poisondartfrog- Celosia cristata and Lisianthus Cinderella Lime.

Redthreaddiy- cute snow bear card; Texas Star Hibiscus, Baby�s Breath, Primadonna White Coneflower, Pink Aster, French Dwarf Marigold.

Pumpkingal- sweet ice skating family card; Black eyed Susan Shrub, Purple Coneflower, Gloriosa Daisy, Love Lies A Bleeding, Ornamental Peppers. Your envelope was sliced completely through on two sides. It was a good thing that you had taped those tiny cute seed envelopes to the card.

Ruthz- Yet another cute snow guy card: Ornamental Pepper Purple Flash, Ornamental Pepper Sangria, Rudbeckia Cherry Brandy

Sji1981- sweet Christmas tree card; Aster Azureus, Rudbeckia Yellow, Ornamental Pepper Black Pearl

Receiving these cards and seeds is almost as good as receiving hugs from ya�ll. There are not words to express my thanks.

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Happy Friday Everyone! I came home after a long day to a boxful of cards and seeds, what a lift to my day! Here's a list of what I found in my "stocking" today...

Michelle/Micyrey sent 2 packs of morning glories and a cute handmade snowman card... I'm still smiling from it!

Nancy/NLB52 sent nasturtiums and coneflowers... yeah!!

MissMojo sent liatris seeds all wrapped up like a gift... cool!

Vicci/ohiovalleygardener sent dwarf zinnias and some luffahs, which I've been wanting to grow for quite some time now.

Suzanne/hibiscusfan sent rudbeckia and helenium inside a reindeer card she made!

Rhonda/RBrady gifted me with poppies, helenium, and gaillardia... all new favorites of mine!

and Barbara/Sky2009 is sending me out to plant more pumpkins!

You all are just wonderful people, and I thank you for thinking of me!

-dan

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

My coffee table is covered with seed packs and christmas ornaments and final papers. GW was being mean so i couldn't post before now.
    Many thanks to sherrih, sky2009, missmojo, margarita10, amberroses, and ruth z, who sent a lot of cypress vine (someone said it was kinda invasive where they live, which excites me, because maybe i'll actually be able to get it to grow LOL), white datura, 4:00s, balloon flower, birdhouse gourds, scarlet o'hara morning glory, peanut pumpkins, white ballerina datura, and lavender moonvine. you guys have really been the bright spots of my rough week (a dear old friend was in an accident and passed on). thank you everyone so much, and thanks to xiangirl, too, who send on a card that was misaddressed to her.

if it weren't for this secret santa exchange, i doubt i'd have very much christmas spirit, but receiving all these beautiful cards and cool seeds has inspired me to decorate the mantle! yay! and the tree is IN the house but not straight yet. we're slowly getting there!

• pseudacris_crucifer
    13 years ago

Thank you to missmojo for the liatris spicata, to not-the-green-thumb for the Long Island Improved Brussel Sprouts and Purple Russians, and to gwrbrady for the native wildflowers: Ratibita columnifera, Ratibita pinnata, Eryngium yuccifolium, and big bluestem.

We moved into a huge farmhouse this spring, with eight acres. My ever so wise wife suggested that we wait a year to start a vegetable garden, but I was ambitious. I planted some of it, but could not keep up. One evening I sent to kids (2 boys, 4 and 7) out with all the squash seed packets, hoping the squash could suppress (or at least survive) the weeds. Hence our abundant squash.

What do we do? Well, we decorated the house, inside and out. Several were carved as unique jack o lanterns. I've made a dozen pies, several soups, and my wife makes a great applesauce pumpkin bread and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We eat well.

• michiet
    13 years ago

Thanks to Vicci(OhioValleyGardener) for the 60lb pumpkin seeds. I'm excited!

Also I got a homemade card from missmojo and had baloon flower in it. Thanks.

from CardinalWV, a packet of rudbeckia seeds. I can't wait to plant... Thank you!

I have put all the cards taped to a wall in our hallway for display. I loved them all.

Thanks,
    Michelle

• lisa831
    13 years ago

Recieve a pretty card Missmojo it had Balloon flower seeds. Thanks you

• karendee
    13 years ago

I got more cards...I have been sick so they were a great pick me up!!

CARDS I RECEIVED

Pumpkingal , -Glorosia daisy, Alaska daisy, BES and yellow gallardia
    Fcoffill --marigold
    Ruth Z---peppers
    Ohiovalleygardener peppers
    Redthreaddiy --chives, marigolds, tomato, gallardia, and foxglove� (love the packages)

Karen

• graanieb
    13 years ago

Got a handmade card with balloon flower seeds from Missmojo,
    thank you.

Bea

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    13 years ago

DH brought me more secret santa cards!

sky2009 - white sweet peas. They sound gorgeous!

Kmpsmom - tall purple echinacea, penstemon prairie jewel, penstemon smallii, pink fernleaf bleeding heart... The hummers will love these!

missmojo - purple balloon flower. Cool!

ishareflowers - awesome packaging, such great presentation! - heuchera frosted violet (wow!), and pink bleeding heart.. Can you tell me if it's the fernleaf type or spectabilis type? Either one is great!

gmom2-6boys - sweet peas, hand collected... Such a nice card.

And for those of us who got tomato seeds in our trades, I found an alternative to canning or making kettles of spagetti sauce.. Make sun dried tomatoes (but not in the sun, LOL).... Slice up the tomatoes, soak them for a few hours in wine, then roast them with a little oil on low heat in the oven. If you just want to make small batches at a time, you can also use a toaster oven. The tomatoes taste great in creamy pasta sauces.

• v1rt
    13 years ago

Hi roper2008/crisann,

I'm so glad you like the seeds I sent. I love them all. The Petunia Laura bush is the last plant in my zone 5 garden to lose their flowers. The zinnia zowie, OMG, WOW!!! The marigold, I think mine flowered starting mid June to late September.

I received 2 cards today. My 13 yr old daughter's reaction for the entire week was "WHAT, you receive seeds again from your internet friends!?!? That is awesome! Can I join?". LOL :D

Kmpsmom sent me bunny tail grass, white wax begonia, salvia coccinea and I think it's plume poppy.

Missmojo sent me Balloon flower.

Thanks to both of you!!! :)

kmpsmom,

• nottougly
    13 years ago

I received several cards on Thursday and Friday. Thanks to everyone. This sure has made my holidays alot brighter.
    Thanks go out to gmom2-6boys for the blue flax seeds.
    yoletrapper sent me bunnytail grass seeds & amaranthus intense purple. Thank you very much.
    hibiscusfan sent rudbeckia cherry brandy and I really loved the home made card.
    sky2009 sent me cypress vine and blue morning glory seeds.
    jodie74 you really did not have to resend. I understand how the post office can tear things up. Thank you for the baby blue eyes, catchfly and the love in a mist seeds.
    Missmojo sent liatris seeds. Thank you so much for them.
    aphroditelaughs sent poppy, amaranthus giant red and green love lies bleeding seeds.
    Thank you all for the great seeds.
    Faye!

• Ann
    13 years ago

What a pain trying to log in yesterday and send a TKU but at least this morning it seems to be fixed so...

Thank you to Missmojo for the liatris perfect for butteflies and hummers!

Thank you to Rane Grow for the evening scented stock!!

Thank you to Doris for the beautiful card!

Thank you to gmom2-6boys for the sweet peas - very cool x-mas wrapping paper envie!

Can't wait to see what the postman (I mean Santa) brings today!

• msirie
    13 years ago

A hearty thank you goes out to virtuosity for my Larkspur seeds. I am doing to direct sow some today.

@Rbrady I can't thank you enough for my Penstemon seeds and my Purple Fountain grass seeds.

@Beanswatch I will think of you everytime I enjoy a meal seasoned with delicous Basil.

@missmo20 Your beautifully wrapped Liatris Spicata will surely brighten my garden.

You guys are the best. I love you all!

• dorisl
    13 years ago

Miss Mojo, Balloon flowers really are one of my faves!

Thank you! I love your card also!

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Yesterday's mail brought the following:

Gift-wrapped Liatris from Miss Mojo-thank you very much!

Calendulas from CardinalWV-love them!

New Zealand Purple Ricinus from Ruthz. Thank you Ruth! Many of the seeds were squished but there were a few survivors-plenty for my purposes.

Again, thank you all!
    Alana

• sji1981
    13 years ago

jodie74 sent me cute kitty card and 3 types of Letuces Black seeded sympson, red salad bowl, Red Romain (love them all and waiting for spring). Thank you so much.

roper2008 sent me pretty lily card with cypress vine white, pink and Basil serata. I was really looking for cypress vine pink and white and so glad for it. Can't wait to grow them. Thank you so much.

Sherly

• plant-one-on-me
    13 years ago

I received 4 cards over the past week. Thanks to...
    Suzanne for the carrots
    Erica not the green thumb for the cabbage and corn
    Lisa punkingal for the bell peppers, lettuces and broccoli
    Missmojo for the balloon flowers

I am getting kinda worried as I sent my cards out over a week ago and still do not see any have arrived...hopefully soon.

Kim

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Another card today!!!

Thanks to ggwrn for
    Mixed Cosmos
    Black Hollyhock
    Orange Profusion Zinnia

later....April

• graanieb
    13 years ago

Gotten a break from yard work and rushed ( didn't dance, sorry, may be if noone was watching, lol) to the mail box, found 2 cards from my probably 2nd or 3rd buddy here to get in touch and trade, what year was it Melinda? Pioneer GW women!
    Ilovefarac--asked you if by any chance you might have last name as my friends' -3rd cousin actually, no you said ( it's for ILoveFlowersAndRocksAndChildren) , can't forget it, :)
    Thank you for the nice card , Echinacea Magnus and Zinnia
    "Cherry Queen".
    and thank you Ann- KMPSMOM for a nice card with 4 pkts of seeds - Echinacea Magnus,Scarlet Marigold, Eupalorium coelectinum- will search common name ,know it's good, milkweed too- friend loves it...thank you all again,

Merry Christmas, wishing you blessings from the heart,

Bea

• cryptid
    13 years ago

Was gonna post this last night,...-sigh-...but,...once again I fell asleep at the keyboard. Sometimes this dang chair really is just way too comfortable. LOL! - Anywayyyyy,...sorry.

Ahem,...now, to continue.

Okay, so two days ago I received two more fantastic seed laden Christmas cards,...

From tbbgardens (Trudy): A really nice, snowy card with a pair of Cardinal birds (my MIL's feathery fave), and YEAH,...Back Pearl Pepper seeds (another Wishlist BIGGIE!!), also Scarlet Creeper Vine (We have lots of chainlink fence here at our new place just begging for vines of all kinds, plus we also have an arbor out back), Hoya (Pretty! Flower stars!) and Anise Hyssop (From what I've read, this is one heckuva perennial herb! Great looks, great scent, and leaves for tea)! Never tried any of these, but now I'm sure gonna!! Thank you so very much Trudy, for the beautiful card and seeds, and for all the helpful information! :)

From ruthz (Ruth, of course): A cool "Let it snow" card with a plastic window featuring simulated snow and a view of a jolly snowman, and no less than three more selections from my Wishlist!! Lemon Drop Pepper (Yessss!), more Black Pearl Pepper (Lovin' it!) and Eupatorium rugosum ‘Chocolate’ (Tallish, with purple-bronze leaves and white flower clusters - Niiice!! Thank you soooooo much, Ruth!! :)

Cards and seeds received yesterday...

From wishdesign (Jean): A cute "Share the joy of the season" card with a plush-toyish-looking reindeer offering symbols of the season as gifts. Now,...for the seeds (O Boy, O Boy, O Boy!!), first off, more Lemon Drop Pepper (Genetic diversity rocks,...who wants inbred peppers?! The more the merrier!!), Goji Berry (Majorly doing the Happy Dance!! Yeah baby!! Definitely a SUPER BIG TIME want from my Wishlist!!) and Indian Ginseng (Aswagandha - A medicinal herb for folks with insomnia, and the berries can be used as a substitute for Rennet in cheese making...totally rippin' cool!!). Thanks bunches, Jean!! Oh,...and the little red zippies, uber nice touch!! :)

From missmojo (Lisa): A cool, handmade Christmas card, stamped with an image of holly and "Happy Holidays!", with purple Balloon Flower seeds (Yip-yip YES! My SIL only has blue,...guess who's gonna be wanting whose seeds now!! He-he!) Thanks a bunch, Lisa! :)

Today's card...

From dirtdaddy (David): How totally cool! An Elvis card! Could easily be the cover-art for The King's Blue Christmas single (if there ever was such)! - Ahhhh, now for the seeds! Man-O-man! More Black Pearl Pepper (Enough is never enough!!), more Lemon Drop Pepper (Like I said for Black Pearl), Thai Red Hot Pepper (Yeah! It's cold outside, stoke the fire!), Dr. Wyche's Yellow tomato (From the late Dr. John Wyche - Oooo, a real good one, to be sure!!), Jimmy Nardello Pepper (Sweet and light when eaten raw, classic Italian frying pepper, a favorite non-hot. - Hmmm, methinks a bit o' culinary experimentation is definitely in order), Bush Moon Flower (White Datura? We have Moon Flower vine, Morning Glory type.) Thanks loads, David!! :)