SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammy518

Glass mosaic tiles for backsplash

tammy518
10 years ago

I've just done a complete kitchen re-do except for the backsplash. I've got ivory cabinets with a chocolate glaze. I've used oil-rubbed bronze knobs, ceiling fan, and faucet. My granite is New Venetian Gold that I only had run straight to the wall, with no granite backsplash at all. My wall color is BM Buxton Blue.

I'd like to do a glass mosaic tile for the backsplash, but have a few questions. Just curious for everyone's opinions on whether they prefer the small squares or the rectangular ones. I like the look of both, but I'm wondering if the small square ones would look too "busy." Also, when I go to look for tiles, I don't necessarily want to get something that will match the Buxton Blue (love the BB, but who knows if I'll change paint colors down the road), but want something that won't clash with it either.

Since I've just moved, I'm not sure I can put my hands on the cable I would need to upload a picture, but any suggestions you can offer based on my description would be appreciated.

The last time I renovated a kitchen was about 12 years ago, at our previous house. We did granite there with the little four-inch granite backsplash. I had always meant to go back and add a tumbled marble backsplash but never did. It seems most are going with the glass tiles now.

Comments (5)