SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenkin_gw

Should I leave SD home alone?

jenkin
17 years ago

My SD will be here in a few months for summer vacation. Due to her behavior towards me, my husband told me that she will not be visiting our home this summer. She usually visits for 2 1/2 months. This summer he was going to take her on a trip, just the two of them. I was relieved that I would not have to deal with her this summer. Well, my husband told me that she WILL be coming to our home for at least 3 weeks. I have been on edge ever since he TOLD (not asked) me. I have always told him that I would NEVER make him chose between me or his daughter. I have told him that I can't put up with her nonsense anymore and she is more than welcome here, but I will leave when she comes to visit. I can't/won't put up with the way she treats me and my son (she is 14 he is 9)I don't work outside the home so I am home alone all day with her (my son goes to his dads' for the summer)when she is here. So my question is, should I leave her at home when I go out shopping, hiking, visiting friends, ect? Has anyone ever left their stepchildren at home because they can't handle being around them? I would really appriciate any feedback on this.

Comments (9)