SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverdragon_gw

need advice regarding adult step daughter

silverdragon
14 years ago

Hi I could really use some feedback.

The long and short of it is I have a step daughter that is 24 married and has a baby.

She planned to get pregnant, quite college, then insisted on getting married. BUT, she has been married less than a year and is always calling my husband complaining about her husband. Upsetting him telling him she wants to leave and needs a place for her and the baby. But, with others is talking of moving states away with husband.

We have a home that is on the market and she feels we should give it to her. She has made many statements that all she needed was someone to pay her bills and she would be fine. She uses this baby like a weapon and it is really ticking me off. Not to mention the respect I am losing for my husband because he won't just say enough already. Instead he vents to me and coddles her. Which IMO is half the problem here.

Honestly this girl has made my life a living hell. It has caused me health problems, and at times has made me wonder LIKE NOW, is it just me ?

Her latest stunt is she wants to leave her husband and needs to move in with us. We just got this house, there is no room for two more. Our schedules and life can't handle her living here. She says things to our 6 year old that is outright mean and hateful. She takes every chance possible to tell her that her Daddy can't love her because you can only love your first child and she is the first. She says this to a 6 year old ! I just want to slap her! She is mean to our daughter when her Dad isn't right there to see it. But nice as pie when people are watching. She starts arguments and tells lies to my husband about my son, so they fight. And, goes home all happy and wants to live here!

She has taken a job that she can't manage with her son and husbands schedule. And, cries to her Dad that she needs our help to keep the grandson. But, not just during her training, I know it will be all the time. We both work have two kids at home, and a full plate with little extra time.Right now her job means no daycare costs since her husband can watch our GS. The new job he can't. But she doesn't want daycare she wants him with family.

Maybe it is just me and that is where I could use a honest feedback. Am I the problem ? Is it wrong of me to feel that she should be standing on her own. Don't get me wrong if she is in a pinch of course we should help. But, I don't feel we should give her a house(that she will destroy as she has with her apartments). And, am I nuts for not wanting this girl under my roof 24/7 ?

I mean I feel that my husband should stand up and instead of saying sure whatever honey, so he doesn't have to listen to it, be a Dad and say NO.

Sorry for venting, I am so at the end of the rope it's not even funny. And, I don't think I can handle much more before going off. And, heaven forbid if I as much as say Boo, make a valid point to her I am being mean. And, my DH really pays for it. So for the most part I stay out of it. however it's my home and my time that she wants to use for watching the GS. And, she never even asked me, she asked her Dad and played the guilt card.

So how would you feel about it ? Am I wrong here ? Should I say something to her regardless of what the outcome is ?

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH