SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moll65

Janome Harmony 4052 Sewing machine

Moll65
18 years ago

I used my Janome Harmony 4052 sewing machine 4 times in less than 2 yrs it jumped timing neither Sears nor Janome will fix it without charge. It was used for simple repairs of lightweight materials to fix seams in shirts or pajamas, you get the idea. Sears certified repair center doesn't even have a tech that can repair it, they will have to ship it out to be repaired. I was told I had to sign an agreement that allowed repairs to work to $80.00, if the repair would cost more then I would be notified before work was done. It seems to me that a sewing machine should certianly not jump time after only 4 minor repairs. This was a christmas present for me in 2003 and in Sept 2004 jumped time on the 4th time of using it. I'm betting my repair cost $80.00 since I already know whats wrong with it I just don't know how to fix it myself. I will never own another Sears or Janome sewing machine and you would do wise to reconsider if you're thinking of buying one yourself. I figure if you can't depend on them to last for more than 4 minor repairs you should probably look at a different source than Sears or Janome for your sewing machine buys.

Comment (1)

• grittymitts
    18 years ago

How discouraging! Some service, huh?

I'm still sewing on my old White (bought used) over 30 years ago. It's stitched many a mile & does great most of the time...just gets a bit cranky on really thick seams at times.

My Sis had nothing but problems with a new Singer her DH bought her several years ago...after taking it in a few times only to have something elso go wrong, she called a retired Singer man who did in-home repairs. He told her it was nothing more than plastic junk. She still wishes she had her old machine!

I'm certainly no expert & know nothing about the newer fancier machines, but bet you'll get replies from some that do- they're some really savy seamstresses here.

Suzi