SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlfrun66

Need advice on color of bar and Tv Cabinets and wall color

dlfrun66
9 years ago

We're redoing our basement family room/bar area and would like advice on what type and color cabinets to add behind the bar? We want to do 3 base cabinets along the wall and under the window. And then to the left of the window add a small cabinet with glass door and to the right of the window add a small but larger than the other wall cabinet with also a glass door to display glasses. We plan to do some sort of granite counter top along the base cabinets. We will build in a refrigerator in the Left corner and a microwave. The granite counter top with start near the exterior door and do down past the large window wall.

Here's a photo of the rest of the bar area to get an idea of what we already have and to help decide what kind of cabinets we should finish it off with.

We also want to build the TV in the sitting area with the same cabinet that we use in the bar area.

Planning to paint the bar area and this wall this shade of sage green. and the rest of the basement a lighter shade of green called ancient marble. Got part of wall done to test the color before we continue. I'm having anxiety over this new color that I've already bought all the paint for. I love the greens. I've used them in my master bedroom and bath, but not sure I like it better than the gold that we have now in the basement.

Opinions please.

Looking for ideas.

I originally thought I'd do the cabinets in the same wood as the bar but now am thinking to add color and interest to possible do an aged white/ivory cabinet with burnt sienna hightlight or something similar.

Looking for any suggestions or ideas...

This post was edited by dinobambino on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 16:32

Comments (7)