SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarzy_gw

Master Bedroom Needs Help!

tarzy
11 years ago

I've been reading Maria Killam, and I realize how important it is to coordinate undertones but I'm really stumped in my MB.

The floors - pale, pale "maple" laminate (original owner installed, I hate it but we can't afford to change it right now.) http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60070014/#/20070011

The bed - (can't afford to buy new one right now) also pale maple, accented with darker wood. It basically blends into the floor, but at least the undertones match, lol!

Dresser & nightstands - are natural cherry, so red based undertones, I guess?

Karastan Ivory Oushak rug. It goes well with the floors and adds some color & oomph.

Drapes are dark "Pecan" color from RH a few years ago - I can't decide if they're yellow or red undertones? They're a bronzy brown, and go well with the rug, but I'd be willing to switch out if something else would work better.

I really need a new wall color - but what? A warm yellow-based beige to go with the floors & rug? Something like Pittsfield Buff HC-24 or Monroe Bisque HC-26? Would that work with the cherry wood?

I also need a new duvet. This room needs a better eye than I have to tie it all together! Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

Comments (14)