SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

School teasing question

mom2emall
15 years ago

My son has been saying for a while that my sd's friends tease him at school. They call him crazy and other childish names. I asked him what he does and he said he calls them nerds when they call him names. I told him that maybe he should just ignore them instead of keeping the teasing going.

Well this morning he was telling my sd that her friends are rude dorks. She began screaming at him. I told him not to talk rudely to her about her friends. And I told her that she needed to keep her voice down.

He told me that my sd has been joining in with her friends and calling him names at school. I told him just to ignore them.

I want to tell my sd that if her friends are teasing her brother she should either tell them to stop or at the very least not join in! I mean she defends her friends to him!! Why not defend him to her friends?? And I want to tell her that if her friends are the kind that enjoy teasing others then she might want to decide if these are the kind of people she should really hang out with.

What do you think? I know that siblings (even bio siblings)do not always get along. But I really feel like it is wrong to join in teasing at school. And if it were the other way around I would definately talk to my son and say the same things I want to say to my sd.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012