SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

What do you think?

silversword
12 years ago

A childhood friend just died. My dad and I have known her nearly my entire life. She was my best friend for many years. The memorial is soon, and I will be flying home to attend. Dad is coming with me.

SM, who I met very close to the end of high school and didn't even start dating dad until after I graduated, was never a part of my life with my friends/acquaintances, etc. etc... asked Dad... "can I come too"???

She never once met this girl, her family, will not know ANYONE who will be there (well, maybe one or two people, but they aren't her BFF's or even close to friends).

I guess I just need to vent a little. It makes me bitter that she's honing in on me and my dad's personal time of grieving and she'll be there (WHY??) among people who genuinely cared for this girl.

I know funerals are open to the public generally, and this is a memorial... so, whatever. I did not and will not say anything to my dad. But what is she thinking? Is there just nothing she will allow me and my dad to share without her? Why do people do this? Why would she want to go? If someone died who my husband knew, and he didn't need support because his parents were going with him... I'd be at the beach!

Sorry your friend died honey, have a good time at the memorial and I'll see you in a couple of hours, right???

Comments (10)