SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Can ceiling fans be mounted in kitchens?

User
14 years ago

I am curious about this, because a friend tells me that they will blow the heat away from your stove and not let pots cook properly.

I have a 24" four-blade tiny ceiling fan which will fit in my small kitchen. It is not yet mounted, it is a ceiling hugger.

If it should prove to mess with the cooking efficiency--or pose a safety hazard for some reason--it can always be turned OFF while using the stove top.

However, I am in the process of making a recently enclosed back porch part of the kitchen, and it gets warm out there. It has a lot of lovely golden light, since it has a southern and eastern exposure. There is no a/c duct to the porch, and the wall separating the two spaces is not YET destroyed. Sad to say, my DH starts breaking out in hives every time he sees me pick up a sledge hammer, and I've had to call a halt to my joyful demolition work.

But I do need that ceiling fan, and I just wanted to ask if there might be some compelling reason I should NOT INSTALL a ceiling fan in the kitchen.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida