SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

I'm Freaking out!!!

Calamity_J
16 years ago

Ya, I know, what's new about that...BUT!!! What if I move??? Even tho it is beautiful there, well God's planet is beautiful everywhere...BUT my delema is I have BRICKS people!!!! I love my bricks! they are old, made in Nanaimo in the mining days and I know some people collect fine china and such(antique roadshow) but these are my babies!!! My last batch had to stay at my last place as she offered me $5000 more for my place than asking price and wanted them. I had even went out and bought a truck to move them!!!! Now I scored these ones, like 2 pallets of them and just the thought of it is killing me!!! DH laughed and said we'd move em but I know he would rather leave allll my junk here! I'm lookin' at 20sq ft of "stuff" out in the shed alone, not to mention my 8x10 art room. It is only 3hrs away driving but it is very heavy and we may have a paid move to there thru his company, but, would that include my bricks??? It is wierd being attached to material things, silly bricks, and I didn't even mention that Klinger and I have been sharing our garden plants and I've accumulated maaany plants to try and fill this 1/2 acre. Plus the watering system I put in for them, sheesh, all that hard work! Just before I broke my leg, I hauled 6 yards of topsoil/mulch and put it in! I'm RANTING!!! Nanaimo is 80,000 people and we're moving to a place where there is like 3 or 4ooo people, no ts even!!! Maybe I'll be able to looky loo in the dump. We are going to check houses there on thursday so I'll have a better idea. I have quit my job 4 mos ago, and DH is getting 20,000 less to work at this new job so thats 40,000 less we'd have coming in, so we may have to downsize our home size to afford to live there and really the prices of places there are higher than here as you get less land there for your same money here. With all this spewed, the little girl in me loves the memories of that place and am looking forward to a revisit.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus