SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

New house -- help with great room

joyce_6333
12 years ago

Been a lurker for almost 10 years, but rarely post. So I'm really putting myself out here by asking for advice.

Just moved into our new house a few weeks ago. We downsized from 6500 sq ft, to 5000 sq ft. We were lucky that the people who purchased our old house bought alot of the furniture.

Our new home is much more modest than most on any forum here, so please keep that in mind. And I suppose most people would say we're "behind the times" in our decorating and selections in our new home. I would be so grateful for some opinions and advice on what furniture we should get, and how to arrange the new great room. The room is basically 22 ft square, with an 18" hickory wood floor edging all around. It's pretty much a blank slate, except we did purchase two leather chairs that probably need to sit across from the fireplace (TV above) and in front of the bookcase. Looking for advice on layout, and what would look best...sofa, loveseat? Totally open to any ideas. We have purchased solar shades for the windows, and probably won't do anything else right now for window coverings. Thanks so much!

Here's the floorplan.

Comments (12)