SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008_gw

So, wood has color, here are pics of my stuff

debrak_2008
11 years ago

Here is a drawer front from my cabinets which are Shenandoah Breckenridge cherry bordeaux.

With no flash:

Not an exact sample of floor which is Bruce canadian maple hardwood.

No flash:

We wanted it to match somewhat the hardwood in the rest of the house.

Sample of bianco romano from a slab we are interested in.

{{!gwi}}

Note garnet spots that are scattered about, mostly along the black lines.

We found this old flooring during demo. We think it is really cool. Thinking this should be our inspiration piece?

Inspiration photo that got me started on purple. I know it doesn't show up but it is on bhg.com called purple pizzazz.

http://images.meredith.com/content/dam/bhg/Images/2009/08/101160696.jpg.rendition.largest.jpg

Another kitchen with some purple tiles.

Contemporary Kitchen design by Minneapolis Architect Kell Architects

Also thinking of grey or green subway with or without a pencil line accent. Pencil line could be black or mult color or something inbetween.

We love grays so thought we would use a gray for the paint.?

So should I forget the purple in the kitchen and maybe use it in the dining room? I will be aquiring some amethyst colored viking ware that I would to use there.

Thoughts on backsplash and paint? Need to make a decision soon as we plan to paint first then install flooring, cabs, etc. Also range hood is being installed on top of backsplash tile so that can't wait either.

Lots of stuff here so basically,

should I forget the purple accent in the kitchen?

Use the old lino as inspiration or find something else?

Backsplash, grey, green or what color field tile?

Pencil line, black, black with an accent color, or go wild with a host of colors (like what petra did in her spain home posted on the kitchen forum)?

Wall color?

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Comments (21)