SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

ID pls, Raspberries, Stuff around my place (pics)

aliska12000
12 years ago

I had my telephoto lens on and wanted some practice, too lazy to swap. You can see not everybody can get things all neat and tidy. I still have mega hole filling and weeding on my lawn. Got a lot done in front. Took pics B4 I started revamping it and what a mess! These are all in the back.

Anybody know what this is? I'd guess maybe echinacea but I guess I did winter sow some that went through last year when I did nothing. There are several in front and all I ever planted out was one bonus Harvest Moon. Now I've made progress but you can see from the pics that I'll probably never get it right.

{{gwi:435887}}

The whole reason for going out with my camera was to record this (the pink). I looked in Bluestone's catalog and they do have some asters this color. I never ordered nor planted them. They wintersowed themselves from something. I tied some tape so I could save seed later, think they should be opening up more. I did plant 3 Purple Dome some years back. Everything along that line is scruffy, I finally got to pulling tons of weeds, never done, and my yard guys got too careless with the weed whacker, whacked all my cerasatium, don't know what all, think that's why these asters lack nice form.

{{gwi:435888}}

Hurrying along now, I didn't feel like making a bed for my raspberries, really no good place for them. So I pulled weeds as tall as me that grew in this compost heap, finally loaded the sprayer with RU and zapped everything, then planted my raspberries on the perimeter. Now where do I go from here? Do you think I ought to level off that pile or let winter do its thing then probably will have to RU again in spring? I mean to lay magazines, paper or cardboard, compost and mulch around the plants yet. There are 5 and I marked them with hoop stakes so the lawn guys wouldn't whack them.

Oh my stump. Think I'll divide some hostas that get super thick and tall, beautiful blooms in the fall (will grab a pic and process it quick) to hide the stump then set containers on top of it although it's not quite level.

{{gwi:435889}}

Hosta, they cover the steps and I can't dig on that hill, maybe a little, plus I want them lining the steps. They've suffered from the drought, and if I do get them thinned way down, they'll grow back.

{{gwi:435890}}

The rest of the pics, all in the back, are my neighbor's Sweet Autumn Clematis across the street, the horrid wicked thorns on my Awakening rose, Awakening and hosta blooms, Rudbeckia X of Prairie Sun and Cherry Brandy or reversion, last pathetic bloom of a nice stand of them, and Rozanne always prettier in the fall, cleaned that out but still needs more and yanked too much of Rozanne with weeds. She'll grow back, blooms all summer.

{{gwi:435891}}

I couldn't get the thorns to focus, went manual, back to auto, got the leaves protruding toward me in focus but thorns OOF.

{{gwi:435892}}

{{gwi:435893}}

{{gwi:435894}}

She's so pretty now, I think I'll try to get a better closeup when I can get to it. I threw a bunch of rotting tea bags around there.

{{gwi:435895}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored