SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Now I have to make a countertop decision

TxMarti
12 years ago

This is getting so much more complicated than I wanted! This latest mold discovery messed up everything.

I was going to cut out the part with mold, but it really goes down to and below the counter line. I know it's not too much further down because I didn't see any when we replaced the dishwasher because I was under there finishing the tile.

I know I want to replace the counter, not just put another sheet of Formica on top of it. I think the moist heat from the dishwasher warped the particle board counter material because the Formica feels a little wavy over it. And I know I want to replace the sink with a single bowl stainless. The enameled cast iron we have now has such a tall lip that it creates a trough between it and the BS and water splashed back there is hard to clean up.

Dh asked what I thought about granite, but my hearing is so sensitive, I just don't think I could take it. Plus, I'm a messy cook and don't want to worry about stains, or how long it's been since it was last sealed. I can't remember to get my car's inspection sticker and it's right there in front of me every day. I'd never remember when it was time to seal the granite.

So I mentioned Corian, especially if we could run it across the window sill and down behind the sink with a curve that makes the water run down into the sink instead of into the caulk line between BS and counter.

Neither of us know anything about Corian, but I told dh I knew who to ask. You'll love this, he said "Oh you mean your internet family?" Yes! He thinks of you as family.

So family, where do I go to find out if Corian can do all that?

Comments (38)