SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Help!!! desperate for rug for family room

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I desperately need to find a rug for the family room floor. It must have a significant amount of blue and be soft enough for a kid to be comfortable (e.g., plush wool). My kid likes large geometric shapes and hates anything floral; I hate anything reminding me of the 1970s or modern/contemporary and like subdued, tasteful florals and twining vines. We're fighting! Important: the pix don't show this very well, but the room is painted a light blue-gray with very, very slight purple tint, and anything with a greenish tinge (spa blue, Tiffany blue, robin's egg blue) clashes horribly. Cobalt, grayish blues, and denim work well though. I don't want to introduce any radically different colors, I don't want any cutesy themes rug, and my kid vetoed flokati/shag rugs. Here's two pix of the room:

This photo shows the wall color a little better; the FR is adjacent to breakfast nook and kitchen.

At the very end of the cotedetexas.blogspot.com article on the Something's Gotta Give house, there's a gorgeous blue/white plaid rug in a Victoria Hagen house, but I can't find it on her website and I'd like something affordably priced.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus