SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martinkk333

Miele service stinks - Please advise!

martinkk333
9 years ago

Our local dealer installed a Miele steam oven DGC4084XL on March 6th, 2014. The oven appeared to work when they started it up, but it had a brown stain on the bottom interior. It wasn't a stain like something had been spilled and it stained. It was a perfect square about 6" or so in the center of the oven, maybe like there is a burner underneath that had somehow scorched the interior bottom surface of the oven. Our dealer advised us not to use the unit until it was sorted out. Three weeks ago, the dealer advised that Miele had agreed to replace the oven and it was okay to use the oven until the new one arrived. We used the old oven for during that time. It worked well and we loved it. Day before yesterday, the dealer installed the new oven. Last night we used it for the first time. The oven blew hot, wet exhaust out the entire length of the top
of the door. This morning I called the dealer to look at it. They came and told me this is perfectly normal. They all vent out the front this way. (The first one had a small outlet on each side at the top of the flat stainless panel behind the lift door.) This totally heated the house and it took until midnight to cool it down (and it was a rainy day), not to mention the water collecting on the handle of the oven and dripping all over the wood floor. I am so exasperated with this machine and this company right now. I purchased a Miele because I believed their products and service were superior. So far, that is not my experience. Does anyone else have these issues with their steam over? Surely not! This machine would not be so highly recommended here if everyone had hot kitchens, wet handles, and ruined floors!

Comments (24)