SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seaglassic

I'm soooooooo sad..............................

16 years ago

the day is getting closer and closer, for my middle daughter, SIL, and two grandbaby girls

Katherine is 2 and Elizabeth is 8 months.., to move to Ireland....

right now, they are a 25 minute drive south..it takes me less than a half hour..

they have their tickets...one way, to leave on the 29th of this month.

I'm never going to think of leap year in the same way as before.

this is something I was hoping beyond hope that they would reconsider but it's not going to change.

he's from there and it's all set in motion.

8,000 miles....

not 25 minutes

it's going to be 8 hours to Sea-Tac in Seattle, to New York and another 8 hours from New York, to Dublin's airport...

and instead of a few dollars in gas money, it's around a thousand dollars for a trip ticket...

it's those hugs from the granddaughter, Katherine that's going to do me in....

she calls me (on the speed dial ) nearly every morning.

I repeat the alphabet and she laughs..

it's like a ritual...

there won't be quick cell phone calls or text messages, or over nights, or short notice babysitting, or the one year birthday party in May, for Elizabeth...

I just got a call from her a bit ago, to let me know of the new travel date and itinerary..... and I'm numb...

I've been aware of this move for just 4 weeks..it was supposed to be a two week vacation they were planning in May..and then it all changed in December, when he got so seriously home sick, coming to the one year mark of the death of his dad, last December.

I have no idea how I'm going to get through this on a long term basis..they aren't visiting...they're going to be living there and the girls will be going to school there....

and yes, their accents will be cute but as moms and grammas know, this is going to tug at my heart.

;(*_*);

Comments (22)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm