SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Dining Room Furniture for a Small Room? (Photos inc.)

anele_gw
14 years ago

Here is my little room . . .newly painted, and nothing is going to be hung until I figure out what I am going to get for furniture (gold mirror most likely not staying-- it was just put there for now). New WTs coming today or tomorrow.

*The only thing that is staying is my new-to-me table/chairs.

*I had the table turned the other way, and a buffet was to the right of that. Now I prefer the table the way it is, since it is more inviting . . .but I lose space.

*On the opposite side as you might be able to see, there is a larger bookcase.

* On a short wall opposite the window, there is another small bookcase.

My ideas:

*Where the small bookcase is, I want to put a vintage dresser, and store linens there-- either something like this or a highboy:

{{!gwi}}
*Maybe get two corner china cabinets to put on the opposite side of where the large bookcase currently is:

{{!gwi}}
OR

*put something like this where the large bookcase is:

{{!gwi}}
OR

{{!gwi}}

I don't need tons of storage and I don't want to overcrowd the room-- which is why I don't know if the dark furniture I'm looking at will be overwhelming. Buffets that "go" with my set stick out too much. While I like vintage, I do NOT like formal, and I know my table is formal . . .but I want to keep it light. I am having a hard time knowing how to get away from dark and formal while still having everything work together.

Any ideas?

Comments (29)