SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bermudafire

Is this layout OK or should we start over??

12 years ago

First of all, thanks to everyone here who contributes. GW has been a great source of information.

We are in the final planning stages of a kitchen remodel (we think). This came about because of a water leak we had in the attic above the current living room. We decided to take this opportunity to go ahead with a remodel we have been talking about for a long time. The unfortunate thing is we don't have a lot of time to plan - the "demo" has already been started by the water leak. We really want to get the cabient layout done ASAP but want to make sure we aren't making any mistakes.

I posted this layout 1 or 2 weeks ago and the only feedback I received was the need for a prep sink, which we added to the island and I've uploaded a picture of the new plan view. I recently posted about ovens on the appliance forum and received some feedback that the layout needs some work. So, here I am again!

We like the current layout but don't love it. We have been looking at this same layout so long it is hard to see what needs to be changed.

The only other layout we have come up with is removing the fridge wall of cabinets and peninsula. Then make the island much larger with seating. We just can't figure out the best place for all of the appliances - one oven can be eliminated, if needed. Does this layout make the kitchen too open to the dining area? We like the fact that it only has one blind corner instead of 3!

The new kitchen will be in the space where the current living room is and will be open to the dining/living area.

All the plumbing and electrical will be new so appliance location isn't limited.

The window will be new so its location and size are't set in stone.

The kitchen will be used by 1-3 people at a time. While my DW is cooking dinner, our children (13,15) are often helping.

We want seating for 3-4 people (we currently have a peninsula that seats 3) in the kitchen.

We need pantry storage in the kitchen.

Our current appliance list:

36" range

30" wall oven

24" speed oven

24" steam oven

42" built in SxS fridge

24" DW

33" sink

prep sink

In the current layout, the steam or speed will be located with the wall oven. We haven't decided where to put the 4th oven.

I hope all the information you need is in this post and the linked photos. Please let me know if I've left anything out.

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Plans

Comments (19)