SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goldenbuckeye

RECIPE: Went from insulin to healthy eating

goldenbuckeye
18 years ago

When I started taking care of my Mom 3 years ago she'd been taking insulin for years. At the time she was taking 45 units every morning.

Within 2 months of eating healthy she got off the insulin and doesn't even take pills. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think she'd ever get off insulin!

She eats everything we eat (no special recipes) just in moderation. She has 3 meals and 3 snacks at the same time everyday and has something sweet everyday wheather it be cake, candy, cookies, pie or ice cream! She also lost 50 #'s the first year.

SUGAR FREE IS NOT OKAY!!!! For example; a small scoop of sugar free ice cream has 19 grams of carbs and 4 grams of sugar! Sugar free only means there's no added sugar but what about the carbs and the sugar in the other ingredients used! I check carbs more than sugar because your body uses (ALL) carbs but not all sugar. I do limit carbs but I don't call this a diet just healthy eating. I've had so many people tell me they never heard of anyone getting off insulin but Mom is living proof.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH