SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wwwonderwhiskers

Hardware, & Drawer Pulls, & Stiles - Oh My!

wwwonderwhiskers
12 years ago

Hello. All of you are full of such good information, and opinions, I wanted to toss this one out for your consideration. Thanks in advance.

The cabinetry hardware selection was going swimmingly well UNTIL we see below that the Chosen Hardware for the Master Bath seems to be a little large for the cabinetry. I would like your opinion please - does the size ratio bother you? We do not care for the accompanying knobs, & I'm not fond of knobs in general, so we're trying to NOT go that route. Do you know of any other similarly styled pulls which might fit? These are 3" CtC, but full pull dimension is 5.5 inches.

DH spent a few hours this morning reviewing a thousand or so pieces of hardware, so now he understands *laughing*. I do not have the bandwidth to wander far off the reservation on this one - the choices are too daunting! And really - unless hardware is "my thing", does it matter? (much?)

Style discussion if you're interested:

Understand that this is simply Quality brand cabinetry, and Amerock hardware. I was very happy with this. Nothing over-the-top, just solid quality & hopefully handsome looks. We're kinda "upscale rustic" theme overall, but the Master Bath discussed below will have a touch of formality, but not a lot of overly ornate elements. Cabinets are cherry with cider. Floor tile is Daltile's Salerno series in the Cremona Cafe (with floral accent strip):

http://www.daltile.com/series.cfm?series=222&;

Lighting is bronze with teastained glass - one triple-sconce over each of the two vanities:

http://www.progresslighting.com/products.aspx?product=P2883-77

And I was shocked earlier this week to discover that the leaded glass window I picked up to overlay the picture window in the bath (last pic), has strikingly similar pattern in the glass to the pattern in the hardware. That was so exciting! I was so pleased....

My feeling* is to just go with it anyway. I LOVE the pulls, and even though I realize it is a little large for the drawer, it does not bother me that they touch the drawer stiles. My MBR will never be featured in AD, and Michelle & the girls will not be coming over for tea *grin*.

Am not sure where the line of being overly egregious is, but if you could help define, then at least I would know - then could decide to step over it or change hardware. LOL.

So far, DH says "too big"

So far, neighbor (a tasteful Master Gardener and cake decorator) nicely says "it IS a little large".

*feeling: Normally I emplore a healthy dose of Logic to my decisions, but some things are other-brained. I appreciate some simple coordinations in this room, but am exhausted to the point I'm beginning to question my choices. So Logic dictates that I ask you delightful folk.

TIA !

Simple dual-bowl with lowered sitting area (changing this is not an option. Yes, I wish we could have spent another month on designing the MBath, but.... now we're where we are)

See, vertically on the doors will work wonderfully:

Hardware barely touches the stiles:

In middle of the larger drawers:

On Rails of the larger drawers - an option??

This is the leaded window which will eventually overlay the over-the-tub picture window opposite this vanity - isn't that coincidentally crazy??

Looking forward to your 4th of July thoughts & opinions. My cabinet guy is on vacation this week, so I have a six day reprieve, LOL. Happy 4th!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!