A couple questions: reg. scrapping vs. digi scrapping AND free sw

ejones66

Hi, I love making both digi books and the old-fashioned books. Stickers, paper, *sigh* it's quite expensive. But on the other side of it, so is printing your book that you digitally created.

I'm trying to figure out what to do, so I could use some advice. I'm trying to decide whether to do both digi and paper or just one or the other.

So here's my story. I want to do an album (paper or digi) for all of my kids (I have two little ones, 2.5 and 8 months). I also want to do a family album. Each month I want to do about two pages, a page with our family calendar and some photos from the month to show what we were up to.

My hurdles are, what free or VERY inexpensive photo editing/archival software is available, and 2. what about tactile objects - cards, drawings by the kids, special fabric and other 3D objects...what do I do with those if I'm not scrapping them in a book? I save photo Christmas cards and other things, so what should I do...

Thanks for your time and thought!

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marie_ndcal

Don't forget to journal your photos also. Just pictures don't always tell the complete story. Do you need a family calendar on each page? or just at the beginning? homemade items from the children are always a special touch

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Pets See a Deluxe 'Catio' Built for Feline Fun
Sixteen lucky cats get the run of a protected outdoor patio with ramps, steps and even a koi pond
Full Story
Kitchen Design Houzz Quiz: Which Kitchen Backsplash Material Is Right for You?
With so many options available, see if we can help you narrow down the selection
Full Story
Most Popular Myth-Buster: The Right Way to Test Paint Colors
Here are 5 key steps to take to ensure you're happy with your wall paint color
Full Story
Kitchen, Bath and Interior remodeling company featuring the latest bath and kitchen designs and the largest... Read More