SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mehcoib

Sears Craftsman garage door opener. Remotes not working anymore

mehcoib
13 years ago

Hi!!

I just joined because I have a problem with my garage door opener.

Pretty simple: installed since years, it was working perfectly from the outside (even through the metallic garage door). Last week-end my neighbour installed the same model of garage opener (but newer!). Since then, none of my remotes (3) work from outside (of course I checked the batteries). It works inside the garage, or if the door is open, but as soon as the door is closed the range is too low. The garage of my neighbour is very close (shares a wall with mine).

So my first guess is interferences (I'll ask my neighbour to unplug his door opener for a while to check if my remotes work), it's just wierd Craftsman did not consider such a situation!! I think the only way to fix this problem would probably be to add the antenna extension kit (Sears part 41A3504)...

What do you think? Do you agree with interferences, does it make sense? Can 2 garage openers from the same brand work that close without interferences?

It's getting colder and colder, I don't want to get out of my car to open my garage !!! ;-)

Comments (4)