SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cplover

Procrastinating.... need backsplash ideas.

cplover
13 years ago

So the demo begins in approximately one hour. I need to call my fabricator/stone guy and order my soapstone. I also need to continue researching appliances, since I need all new ones and the GC will need to know measurements soon. I also need to decide banquette or no banquette so I can tell my lighting guy where to hang my lights-- which brings me to another item, I need to be picking out lights! So what am I doing instead of all of these other things? Worrying about my backsplash!! I know, it goes in last and many people do not decide until months or years after their remodel. This I know. But for some reason I cannot seem to pull the trigger on the soapstone which I love and adore until I can find a backsplash. My kitchen has red oak natural stained floors, white lidingo ikea cabinets and black soapstone counters with light white veining. I was going to do white or marble subways, but someone mentioned that for my 1957s ranch.. it might be the right look. Thoughts?

I really would like something white-ish since I do not want to commit to a color, nothing busy, flashy or trendy. Ideas? Or should I just stick with the subways?

Also I have not picked a paint color and my kitchen/dining area will open up to living room which has the same redoak floors. No color help from that room so to speak since we are moving all that furniture into the basement soon and getting new once the kitchen remodel is over. All of it is too large for the smallish space. Thanks in advance.

Comments (10)