SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

GW pictures are pretty and come in handy for insurance purposes

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I posted this picture on Gardenweb on Saturday. I was so proud of my little rose (Bleu Magenta) and how good it looked with the arch.
{{gwi:324261}}From Truck hitting my house

That night, someone hit our house with his truck. On the way to our house, he hit our Blazer, pushed it into the GMC Jimmy, threw the Blazer out into the yard...and then ran into our home. It was a series of unbelievably loud noises and then a crash, with glass breaking.

One of our bay windows was broken, the wall was pushed in about four inches and the porch was moved over about a foot in the back and six inches in the front. Nobody was hurt, but the truck must have been going extemely fast (probably 70 mph was the guess) to do this much damage.

Of course, the driver had no insurance, but we have great insurance (including uninsured motorist) so hopefully everything will be fine. We'll be talking to insurance people all day tomorrow.
{{gwi:2066856}}From Truck hitting my house
{{gwi:764047}}From Truck hitting my house
{{gwi:764050}}From Truck hitting my house

Thanks to my GW picture, you can see that the railing definitely moved, from the other side of this bay window...
{{gwi:324261}}From Truck hitting my house

...to its current location, past the green trim and right up against the glass.
{{gwi:324262}}From Truck hitting my house

What a crazy weekend, but my picture will really help...and with any luck, we'll have a new porch. And, believe it or not, my Bleu Magenta rose is just fine...the porch missed it by about two inches. I'm so glad I left room between the porch and plants, so I could paint the railings. The arch is fine, too...just a little bent at the bottom of two legs, but I can fix it, for the most part. With any luck, the arch will be covered with little 1" pink/red/purple blossoms, when it's blooming next spring :)

Comments (13)