SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flgargoyle

Recipe thread

flgargoyle
13 years ago

I hope this becomes a LONG thread! I'll start it off with a couple recipes for scones. I might be talked into adding my Oatmeal Nutella Coconut cookies at some point!

Bailey's White Chocolate Chip Scones

4 cups all-purpose flour

3 Tbsp sugar

4 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

3/4 cup cold butter, cubed

1 egg, separated

1 tsp vanilla extract

1-1/2 cups Bailey's Irish Cream (or equivalent)

1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

In a large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Cut in the butter until fully integrated.

In a medium bowl, whisk together Irish Cream, egg yolk, and vanilla.

Mix liquid ingredients with flour mixture until just combined. Add the white chocolate chips and combine. Place the dough on a well-floured surface, and knead just enough to mix, no more than 10 times. Over working will toughen the dough. Flour hands if too sticky. Divide in two, and form two flattened circles, about 7" in diameter. Cut each into 8 pieces, and place on greased cookie sheets or parchment paper. Brush the tops with egg white, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 16-18 minutes, until just sarting to brown slightly.

Apple-Cinnamon Scones

4 cups all-purpose flour

4tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

6 Tbsp sugar

1 tsp cinnamon

1 stick cold butter, cubed

2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced to 1/4" Toss in a bowl with 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice

1- 10 ounce bag cinnamon chips

1 cup cream

2 egg yolks

1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until fully integrated.

In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, egg yolks, and vanilla.

Follow the recipe above for making the scones.

I like to use good quality ingredients- Penzey's has great cinnamon and vanilla extract. Cinnamon chips can be hard to find!

Time to break out that special tea you've been saving!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals