SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerlady6

Living room before/after

FlowerLady6
15 years ago

Below is what was my desk area in our liv.rm. You can see the old front door to the right. DH's computer, etc. is to the left, just not in the picture. He sits in his chair and has his keyboard in his lap and the mouse is on a table to the right of this chair. Needless to say we were crowded in here.

{{!gwi}}

Since our road out front went from a quiet two lane road to a busy 5 lane one with all kinds of traffic racing by at 45 mph and more, we weren't using out screened porch any more so one night got the idea to close it in, and that's what we did.

{{!gwi}}

Here is the living rm. wall now, and you can see our little library where my computer is to the right. The library is 5 1/2' x 7 1/2'.

{{!gwi}}

Here's the library with three bookcases of books and my desk is to the left.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Below is another picture of the north wall of living room. We made the archway into kitchen area when we first moved in here. Ispired from our living in Spain for 3 years. We made the second arch into the narrow hall in the last couple of years.

{{!gwi}}

We also put a stained glass window into the bathroom door, which makes a big difference also. If there is ever company, they can swing the towel bars that are mounted onto door frame behind the door, to put the towels in front of window for privacy.

{{!gwi}}

Every little bit we do around here makes it better. We're still working on laying laminate flooring, hope to get that finished when the weather gets cooler down here. Plus DH has to change the old 50'c copper piping under the house that has sprung leaks this year and we just have them fixed temporarily. Another cool weather project. He reinsulated the attic this past cool weather season. That's made a huge difference too in helping the a.c. not to have to work as hard, and in making it quieter in here also.

Ok, there were some more projects to hopefully inspire others.

I'm ready to see pictures from more small home dwellers.

FlowerLady

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington